Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
notger
Enthusiast
notger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavens

Device: onyx m96
onyx m96 - freeze page on hibernate/standby

hi,

i'm using the m96 in the university, and it works pretty fine there.
i do not use is like a conventional ebookreder, ->reding page by page.
it's more opening one page- listening to the prof - falling asleep, and opening the next page later.

so it would be nice if the m96 would hibernate or standby after some minutes, and instead of showing the beautiful ferry and tree images from onyx, freezing the actual page that i open.
cause i would not need any interactivity on this page just have it infront of me an look at it if needed.
This yould even be ofer a period of one whole hour, and letting the device run just for showing one page ist sensless power cunsumption.

does anyone know any solution to that?

greets

Gernot
notger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:38 AM   #2
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by notger View Post
hi,

i'm using the m96 in the university, and it works pretty fine there.
i do not use is like a conventional ebookreder, ->reding page by page.
it's more opening one page- listening to the prof - falling asleep, and opening the next page later.

so it would be nice if the m96 would hibernate or standby after some minutes, and instead of showing the beautiful ferry and tree images from onyx, freezing the actual page that i open.
cause i would not need any interactivity on this page just have it infront of me an look at it if needed.
This yould even be ofer a period of one whole hour, and letting the device run just for showing one page ist sensless power cunsumption.

does anyone know any solution to that?

greets

Gernot
You can easily disable it and the device doesn't drain much battery without it.

Go to android:

1. Settings>Display>Sleep> 30 minutes or never
2. Settings>Power off timeout> never power off

Best.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
notger
Enthusiast
notger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavens

hi, thanks for the hint.

but id still like to freeze the opened file, cause it appears more and more now, that i open a file, look at it just every now and than, and have to start either the screen, or boot the device just for a quick look.

should be possible to freeze into the last opened file instead of the fanzy screensavers,? or

thanks

gernot
Old 04-20-2015, 08:58 AM   #4
tongtong1993
tongtong1993 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx M96
I sort of deal with it by rooting the device , update to the latest firmware ,install antutu cpu master pro and ram expander. After that, it does not freeze as usual as before (about few times a week) and has quicker response. Hope it helps.
tongtong1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
notger
Enthusiast

hi, i tried that

but i do not know the right settings cause my batterie is drained withind two days now?

does anyone use the app cputuner? seems to be nice and simple
Advert