Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-06-2015, 04:23 AM   #1
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur
DoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmos

Device: T68 Lynx, T68+
Seeing E-ink in Color

Sometimes its is hard to see things on our e-ink displays because of the poor choice of font colours or backgrounds. One solution I have found is to send the device's display over to my PC or laptop with VNC.

I have installed the VNC_server app on my T68. I had to change my T68 screen to be landscape, using the Rotation Control app. Inside the VNC_server app, I had to set the Screen orientation to 180 degrees.

On my PC I have a VNC client. When I start the VNC_server app, it tells me that the server is running on 10.10.1.231:5901. I can start the VNC, connect to this address and port, and I can see my T68's screen in color, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Warren
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSVNC_Android_-_Press_F8_for_Menu_001.png
Views:	214
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	137957  

Last edited by DoctorWkt; 05-07-2015 at 03:21 AM. Reason: typo: portrait -> landscape
DoctorWkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:50 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Fascinating. It's amazing what one can do with gadgets nowadays.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert