Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Here's a search URL for finding everything published by Open Read at Kobo. You can refine it by category.
For Romance fans here's the link for that category.

I bought 11 books so far. All Nan Ryan and two Heather Graham titles that were written under her Shannon Drake alias originally.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-26-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:08 AM   #17
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Now Amazon has the Open Road books for a few cents less each - posted in its own thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...66#post2318966
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #18
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
wonder until when would these ebooks be discounted...
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #19
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Open Road authors that are highly recommended:

Barbara Hambly:
The Darwath novels are excellent (the first three being available as a compilation or as single titles), and Bride of the Rat God is the best paranormal novel I have ever read, hands down. It's set in 1923 Hollywood, and I'd call it horror/suspense with a strong romantic element.

Patricia C. Wrede:
The Lyra novels are available as a boxed set, but what I really love is Sorcery & Cecilia, an adorably funny English-Regency-set fantasy romance written in collaboration with Caroline Stevermer.

Charlotte MacLeod:
Excellent, excellent cosy mysteries with a whacky sense of humor. Rest You Merry is the first of the Peter Shandy mysteries, and an excellent book to start

Last edited by Britomart; 11-26-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #20
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
D'oh! I picked up the Octavia Butler bundles at 40% off, but 80% off would have been even better. Keep the suggestions coming!
Thanks for the tip, it worked with the 80% code :-)
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #21
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Not all Amazon books are cheaper. I grabbed on at Kobo for $3.10, would have been $4.99 at Amazon.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #22
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Not all Amazon books are cheaper. I grabbed on at Kobo for $3.10, would have been $4.99 at Amazon.
Yup, you have to check. The little Bibliomystery shorts are much less at Kobo and the two Ellery Queen mysteries were less at Amazon.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #23
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Thanks apesmom....found a few.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #24
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I second the review of the Sorcery & Cecilia books--they're wonderful!

Also picked up Bride of the Rat God--I like anything to do with old Hollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Open Road authors that are highly recommended:

Barbara Hambly:
The Darwath novels are excellent (the first three being available as a compilation or as single titles), and Bride of the Rat God is the best paranormal novel I have ever read, hands down. It's set in 1923 Hollywood, and I'd call it horror/suspense with a strong romantic element.

Patricia C. Wrede:
The Lyra novels are available as a boxed set, but what I really love is Sorcery & Cecilia, an adorably funny English-Regency-set romance written in collaboration with Caroline Stevermer.

Charlotte MacLead:
Excellent, excellent cosy mysteries with a whacky sense of humor. Rest You Merry is the first of the Peter Shandy mysteries, and an excellent book to start
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It appears that Kobo is discounting some/all Open Road titles, and the 80% discount is on that, whereas at B&N, the discount appears to be off the list price. I haven't looked closely at Amazon though.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #26
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I grabbed two Dorothy L Sayers for $2.02 each. Both on my TBR list. If I knew for sure that I will enjoy them (first time Author reads), I would purchase more but I'm not willing to risk it.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #27
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
That was quite a haul.

I bought the first book by Jeremiah Healy, Charlotte Armstrong, and Jane Langton, two Ellery Queens, 4 short Bibliomysteries, 8 by Mignon G. Eberhart (I got carried away), and the trilogy by David Housewright.

Some came from Amazon and some from Kobo. Total damage $26.

Fortunately I've already read all the Anne Perry, Charlotte MacLeod, and Dorothy L. Sayers or there would have been serious pain. Plus I've bought plenty of Open Road titles using previous discounts.

Last edited by Synamon; 11-26-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote