Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #76
rrrlakin
shu-shu
rrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: two Astak PP/various kindles
I tried several times.
I deleted the v5setup.bin from the SD,
downloaded a fresh copy.
Nothing.
I charged the battery overnight, tried again.
Nothing.
It would not even start to update when it was attached to the wall adapter.
Finally, after much thinking, I hit the ok button immediately after it recognized the SD.
It worked!
I suspect that it was that things are so quick that it thought that continuing to hold down the page change button was a cancel.
Anyway, it worked!

Bob
rrrlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #77
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Hitting OK button after SD recognized worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrlakin View Post
I tried several times.
I deleted the v5setup.bin from the SD,
downloaded a fresh copy.
Nothing.
I charged the battery overnight, tried again.
Nothing.
It would not even start to update when it was attached to the wall adapter.
Finally, after much thinking, I hit the ok button immediately after it recognized the SD.
It worked!
I suspect that it was that things are so quick that it thought that continuing to hold down the page change button was a cancel.
Anyway, it worked!

Bob
Dear Bob:

Good one!! I am happy that it worked and this info may help others also!!

Thank you for posting this!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #78
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Hi, does anybody know the status of the 6" new firmware beta testing? This was Robertd's updated on April 6:

The firmware upgrade for the 6 inch is due to Astak this week and then we will thoroughly test it before posting. Hopefully, somewhere around 8 working days from now the 6 inch FI will be posted.

..and since then I haven't seen any update about it or Beta test results. Is it still on schedule and is there any date we can expect it?

Regards,
Dick
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote