Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 01:02 AM   #1
wildchild1954
Connoisseur
wildchild1954 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510
E-book viewer TOC won't stay put

When I open Calibre's E-book viewer the TOC always used to be right there on the left side by the menu and when I opened the TOC the ebook would always move to the right making room for it. Now the TOC is suddenly not docked in place but moves around and when opened will cover the ebook I'm reading.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

That is the link to a photo of what I'm talking about that is posted in Facebook. For some reason I can't seem to input an image here.

Can anyone tell me how to get the darned thing back where it belongs and behaving properly ?

Last edited by wildchild1954; 06-21-2018 at 01:10 AM.
wildchild1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dock it again, which you can do by clicking the dock button in the top right corner of the TOC panel, next to the close button. Or by double clicking the "Table of Contents" title bar
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:32 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@wildchild1954 - FYI, I can't see that image at facebook, probably because I don't use FB. Nor can I upload it to MR's attachment service.

If you upload images to MR everyone should be able to see it. Probably doesn't matter for this one, but please keep it in mind for future posts.

Simplest way to add attachments is to get into Advanced Mode and click the paper-clip icon in the top toolbar. After uploading they will be shown in paper-clip drop-down, from there you can insert them in-line, otherwise they'll be shown at the end of the post.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:24 AM   #4
wildchild1954
Connoisseur
wildchild1954 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Dock it again, which you can do by clicking the dock button in the top right corner of the TOC panel, next to the close button. Or by double clicking the "Table of Contents" title bar
Thank you very much!!! When it was undocked I had nothing but the close button. Double clicking on the title bar worked very well though. I have no idea how it got undocked but it's back where it belongs now so I'm happy. At least I know what to do if it happens again!
wildchild1954 is offline   Reply With Quote