Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #91
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
nohmi, see the link in the original post.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #92
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
nohmi, see the link in the original post.
I have, and *sob* it doesn't go back far enough. Okay! By only a few years, so can I choose my own?

'As Time goes by' from Casablanca...it's ageless. *Thinks* 'Hey I made a funny!

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #93
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
It was "Our Day Will Come" by "Ruby & the Romantics". Never heard before about the song or the band. I searched for the song and I didn't like it. It sounds too old. Ha!

Last edited by Falcao; 10-03-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #94
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am interested in seeing the week by week top ten (or more) of the rock/pop hits in England in 1963 and 1964.

Does anyone know of a link, or what list I should google for?
Old 10-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #95
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I am interested in seeing the week by week top ten (or more) of the rock/pop hits in England in 1963 and 1964.

Does anyone know of a link, or what list I should google for?
I'm not sure that there is a site with all that info publicly available. http://www.ukpopcharts.co.uk/ seems like a good starting point.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #96
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Thanks for the link, pd! I found the #1's of the years I was looking for.

I was surprised to see that the first British Invasion group to have a #1 in England was not The Beatles. It was Gerry & the Pacemakers in April of '63, with How Do You Do It?, which by coincidence was the first single I ever bought, 16 months later (when it was a hit in the US).

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness