Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Desktop software 2.02

When I went to sync my Kobo 1st Gen to pick up some new books purchased from the Kobo site I was told there was an "important update" to the desktop software. I let it update and knowing that desktop 2.0 didn't sync with old Kobos was pleased to see that it was 2.02 and hoped it might work. It doesn't and I'm back with desktop 1.9.

Any other first geners out there have a different experience? And if it doesn't work then why is it being pushed out to everyone?

If I didn't have an old copy of the older software backed up I would be royally ticked off....
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I find 2.02 sync's fine with WiFi running 1.9 firmware.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I find 2.02 sync's fine with WiFi running 1.9 firmware.
Anyone know if there is a later release for Kobo-1 (first gen no wifi) later than 1.8.1 r22228 Dec 31 2010?
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111310 there DOES seem to be a 1.8.3 release; but sorry to say I don't have an original Kobo anymore so can't check it
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_smith View Post
Anyone know if there is a later release for Kobo-1 (first gen no wifi) later than 1.8.1 r22228 Dec 31 2010?
That is the most recent software for Kobo 1.
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
shall1028
Nameless Being

1st generation Kobo with 2.02 desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_smith View Post
Any other first geners out there have a different experience?
I guess I am one who has had a different experience.

It took a goodly amount of time to do an initial sync. A book that I had not started reading the last time I ran the desktop is precisely where I left off on my Kobo. Subsequent attempts to sync have been quick.

Last edited by shall1028; 07-09-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: spelling corrections