Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #3436
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Nice try but I am not so sure this is receivable, methink @drjd is trying to take us for a « walk from Chicago to the Gulf of Mexico ». The girl name is "Louise" in

And she has already been played

I don't think repeating a name twice in the title makes it a compound name. But hey, I don't make the rules.
I will (shamelessly) post a replacement.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #3437
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
"Marnie" - by Nat King Cole (1964)

drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #3438
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Flowers for Algernon, by Kathy Mar

Algernon was very human, in most respects, to Charlie Gordon. From the lyrics:

"If you remember, put some flowers on his grave
He was my little friend for all the comfort that he gave
He never called me dummy, he was always on my side
I was so very sorry when he died
..."
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM   #3439
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₂ PW3₅.₁₀.₁.₁
thousands of names here

"The Camila Song" by The Guy Who Sings Your Name Over and Over

Some people are ...intense. We should invite "The Guy" to our thread. I hereby pick the track#1 of "Fun With Names Songs Vol.1", and close all other submissions from the series (now at Vol.15 I believe), since only the lyrics and title vary over the same 1:16 long melody.

BTW the albums can be purchased on Amazon, iTunes and Spotify. Go figure.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #3440
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
In the interest of not ruining the game, perhaps should there be a rule that forbids "synthetic" songs, such as composed by birthy cards generator sites.

I think the "Jacob" song should automatically make ineligible any other variation of "Happy Birthday", since the only difference is the change of the name (even when admitedly the musical score is different) and that doesn't make it an original song.

But I don't make the rules and I admire a technique that could offer an infinite number of future posts.
Hmmm. I've seen several entries from that "guy." I think they tread dangerously close to the "birthday" problem. I agree that one entry should do it for him.
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #3441
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₂ PW3₅.₁₀.₁.₁
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Algernon was very human, in most respects, to Charlie Gordon.
Of Mice and Men too. In the realm of John Steinbeck and Daniel Keyes.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM   #3442
cromag

I Saw Nicolas Cage, by Tim Heidecker