Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #1
polis85bn
polis85bn began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook inkpad 3
Just order a inkpad 3

I just order a inkpad 3 . Whats you opinion. Did i make a mistake or are you happy with this ereader . I will like some feedback . I read most manga and comics.
polis85bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:33 AM   #2
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
It's good choice. Please do buy a case as well, because housing of InkPad 3 is quite delicate.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #3
retrography
retrography is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2 / PocketBook Inkpad 3 / Kindle Paperwhite 3
It depends what you want to do with it. Note that PocketBook's highlight and annotation sync currently does not work on its devices (but rather only on the iOS and Android apps). Your annotations will be jailed on the device. Also, their native reader has quite a few problems with the scanned PDFs. For instance, it is unable to render jbig2 images (the most widespread format for image-based scanned PDFs), and in general it struggles to detect the text layer on the scanned PDFs (so, no highlighting or dictionary from time to time). Otherwise, it works fine, with some bugs and crashes from time to time.
retrography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:58 AM   #4
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Hi everybody !

• And everything works well for you?
I received my Inkpad3 on Tuesday, and i have a lot of problems, like freez occasional, auto rotate takes too much time (around 5s).
* Sometimes I have a precision problem, for example when I want to mark a word.

• Last time when I used the recovery, after restart i lost half aplication, like games.
[Question ] : With which Firmware have you received your Inkpad? It's strange to me, that the users they receive the same lisuese with different FM, me with penultimate, my colleague from work with last firmware 5.17.1736.

• The box seems new, i start to doubt, that the devices are not quite new in it. Maybe related to the problem quantity manufacturing?
"Used for the new one", A product already used sold as much as new?
*They gave them only new coats, but the intestines are not entirely new?

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 08-30-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:22 AM   #5
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Have you updated it? This might solve your issues.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #6
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
My God ..

Oh yeah, another problem, this time probably with CSS support. (letrrine etc.)

• This problem for every second book :
Kobo, showing a corrector's book, is an ePUB file, where is the problem? Missing HTML@CSS support? :
Spoiler:

• In this case, it's even worse :
The very book, on two devices (.ePUB)
Spoiler:

• "INFO BOOK" itself, not the abbreviation correctly or basically HTML.
* Yes, i have LAST Firmware v.5.17.1736
Spoiler:

• I also have 5 books from 12. On other devices, the book (ePUB) is displayed just like, Android tablet, PC, telephone, KOBO.
I'm really sad about it. For six months, I set and drove money on a side for what I did not do, I'm really lucky and I start to regret my bath.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	InkPad 3 problem CSS 1.png
Views:	4037
Size:	530.5 KB
ID:	165936   Click image for larger version

Name:	InkPad 3 problem CSS 2.png
Views:	4459
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	165937   Click image for larger version

Name:	css problém.png
Views:	2864
Size:	531.1 KB
ID:	165938  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 08-30-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #7
polis85bn

So i resive it before 2 days i was little worry about the manga but all went pretty well . I install calibre on my pc add my manga in calibra ( they where .cbr) . Send it via calibre in my inkpad 3 ( i convert it in .pdf) . Good quality of picture easy to read . And everything work pretty smooth . I even have it to refresh every page . I order a original case, i will see the case how it is . Im pretty happy with my purchase and not all disappointed. Does any one have the original case to tell me some feedback?
Old 08-31-2018, 02:47 AM   #8
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you order the leather case? I have that one and am quite happy with it. It is really good and sturdy. The sleep/wake function works well.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:49 AM   #9
retrography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Hi everybody !

• And everything works well for you?
I received my Inkpad3 on Tuesday, and i have a lot of problems, like freez occasional, auto rotate takes too much time (around 5s).
* Sometimes I have a precision problem, for example when I want to mark a word.

• Last time when I used the recovery, after restart i lost half aplication, like games.
[Question ] : With which Firmware have you received your Inkpad? It's strange to me, that the users they receive the same lisuese with different FM, me with penultimate, my colleague from work with last firmware 5.17.1736.

• The box seems new, i start to doubt, that the devices are not quite new in it. Maybe related to the problem quantity manufacturing?
"Used for the new one", A product already used sold as much as new?
*They gave them only new coats, but the intestines are not entirely new?

I confirm that there is a crash from time to time. The rotation, I never use on an e-reader, and I am not quite sure what it is useful for. I also confirm the precision problems, but only on scanned PDFs. On the rest, it seems to work quite correctly.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:51 AM   #10
retrography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Oh yeah, another problem, this time probably with CSS support. (letrrine etc.)

• This problem for every second book :
Kobo, showing a corrector's book, is an ePUB file, where is the problem? Missing HTML@CSS support? :
Spoiler:

• In this case, it's even worse :
The very book, on two devices (.ePUB)
Spoiler:

• "INFO BOOK" itself, not the abbreviation correctly or basically HTML.
* Yes, i have LAST Firmware v.5.17.1736
Spoiler:

• I also have 5 books from 12. On other devices, the book (ePUB) is displayed just like, Android tablet, PC, telephone, KOBO.
I'm really sad about it. For six months, I set and drove money on a side for what I did not do, I'm really lucky and I start to regret my bath.

I have not noticed such CSS issues, but this indeed seems to be the case. I would try to tidy up the ePub (with caliber) and try again. If you can’t get the problems resolved, you may have to drop an email to the tech support with some samples so that they can reproduce the problems.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:53 PM   #11
polis85bn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Did you order the leather case? I have that one and am quite happy with it. It is really good and sturdy. The sleep/wake function works well.
Can you send a picture i can't find any online
Old 08-31-2018, 04:43 PM   #12
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

https://www.pocketbook-readers.de/zu...-comfort-brown
Old 10-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #13
lorenzoferro
lorenzoferro began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
I would like to buy this one.. one great doubt: how is user experience with built-in browser ? Any way to gets feeds (rss atom) on this ? thanks.
lorenzoferro is offline   Reply With Quote