Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #61
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Echo -- exp 16 Jul @ 11:59 PM PT

NOTE: prices in blue are for Prime members only -- prices following item name are (retail/lowest)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-15-2019 at 06:46 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #62
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Be wary about buying bundles from Amazon during this sale. Because of the really low prices on many items, buying separately will frequently yield a lower price than buying a bundle. So check prices both ways before you take the plunge.
Advert
Old 07-15-2019, 12:16 AM   #63
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
New Paperwhite is now $84 (also includes $5 ebook credit)
Kindle 10 is $59 (also includes $5 ebook credit)

Kindle 10 Essentials Bundle is $94.97 includes cover and wall plug but no $5 ebook credit.

I got a single Dot 3 for $22, as well as a Fire stick for $14.99 delivered today (hope the Fire stick works on my TV). Previously the extra discount was only available if you ordered through Echo.

Also, Woot has Voyage units (Wifi only and wifi/3g) for $74-$79. Log in with your Amazon Prime account and free ship.

Last edited by Tarana; 07-15-2019 at 01:38 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:22 AM   #64
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Moving from the thread that will not be named since that thread was closed while I was writing my reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
There's a thread in the deals forum for this event.

Sales have already started for most items.

Be sure to check other stores (Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc). They're also having comparable sales.
The saddest part of Prime Day this year is that the majority of the items I was looking at on Amazon.ca are at equal or lower prices on Best Buy, Canada Computers, etc. Other some Amazon branded hardware which I am not all that interested in, the bargains ain't what they used to be.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:41 AM   #65
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The saddest part of Prime Day this year is that the majority of the items I was looking at on Amazon.ca are at equal or lower prices on Best Buy, Canada Computers, etc. Other some Amazon branded hardware which I am not all that interested in, the bargains ain't what they used to be.
Very true. The Echo Dot is on sale for $24.99 over at Best Buy. I might consider another to get stereo sound. Just trying to decide how bad I need that. Otherwise, unless there is some ebook deals going on, I don't know what else I'd be getting as I'm plum full of gadgets at the moment. Mostly just looking for stuff my family members might want to know about while listening to an audiobook.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2019, 06:51 AM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

The Echo Show 5.5" is now on sale for $50. I was wondering if the they were going to place it on sale because it wasn't on sale (like the other Echos) during the run up to Prime Day.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:18 AM   #67
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen)

If you have a Prime Store Card or a Prime Rewards Visa Card you can get a Paperwhite (10th Gen) for $63.75 plus a $5 eBook credit.

Prime Card Bonus Rewards
Quote:
Get additional rewards for Prime Day

Bonus rewards offers are limited time offers exclusively for Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card and Amazon Prime Store Card members with an eligible Prime membership while supplies last. Terms & Conditions
Among the many offers available is this one for the Paperwhite:
  • 25% back on select Kindle E-readers*
There are 8 variations of the Paperwhite (10th Gen) eligible for this offer ranging in price from $85 ~ $200. Final price is $64 ~ $150 after applying the rewards back from your Prime Card statement.

Terms and Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card: Offer good during promotional periods only and while supplies last. Get additional rewards on eligible purchases shipped and sold by Amazon.com made using your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, excluding purchases made through Subscribe and Save, Installments, Prime Wardrobe, and Amazon Fresh. The amount listed in the promotional offer includes the 5% Back you already earn on Amazon.com purchases with your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, and the extra % Back you can earn with this promotion. This promotional offer only applies to the portion of net qualifying purchases (purchases less returns and other credits) of eligible items paid for with your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card at Amazon.com. The extra % Back will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting, and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement and be available for use within 1-2 billing cycles. To qualify for this promotional offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time. For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement.

Amazon Prime Store Card: Limited time offer while supplies last and subject to credit approval. Get additional rewards on eligible purchases made using your Amazon Prime Store Card, excluding purchases made through Subscribe and Save, Installments, Prime Wardrobe, and Amazon Fresh. The percent back amount stated in the promotional offer includes the 5% back you already earn on Amazon.com purchases with your Amazon Prime Store Card, and the extra percent back you can earn with this promotion. Offer only applies to the portion of net qualifying purchases (purchases less returns and other credits) of eligible items paid for with an Amazon Prime Store Card at Amazon.com. Any portion paid using another payment form (including, but not limited to, gift cards and rewards points) may not receive the percentage back bonus. Offer may not be combined with any Special Financing or Equal Pay offers. Offer does not apply to shipping charges, taxes or other fees associated with the purchase of an eligible product. Please allow up to two billing cycles (a) for your earned rewards points to be credited to your Amazon.com Store Card or Amazon Prime Store Card account and (b) if you elect to redeem your rewards points as a statement credit, for such statement credit to be applied to your Amazon.com Store Card or Amazon Prime Store Card account. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. If any products related to the offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-16-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #68
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
As usual, WD/Sandisk has some OK deals if you're in the market - $90 6TB external drive, $45 400GB microSD, $30 256GB "ultra-fit" flash drives (I use an older 128GB in my car - hopefully the newer ones don't run as hot as that one does).

Nothing to get excited about at Best Buy or Walmart AFAICS.

I need a new desktop computer but Dell only has non-configurable models on sale - no choice of processor, memory or video card.

I should have more time to explore deals tomorrow, but it's looking like I'll be holding off until Black Friday again this year...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:37 AM   #69
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Alexa Voice Shopping
Quote:
"Alexa, order an Amazon Smart Plug"
This $4.99 offer is only available through Alexa Voice Shopping. If you order it through Amazon, you'll pay the full price of $24.99.

Note: it's also available for $4.99 with the purchase of select smart devices.

Terms & Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    $4.99 Amazon Smart Plug
    • Offer only applies to purchases of the Amazon Smart Plug using Alexa voice shopping on an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Echo Show, Echo Show 5, or Echo Spot. Offer not available using Alexa in the Amazon app.
    • Alexa will either add the Amazon Smart Plug to your Amazon shopping cart or prompt you to complete the purchase with Alexa. You must complete your purchase by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on July 16, 2019.
    • Offers good while supplies last.
    • Offers available to Prime members only.
    • Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
    • Each product discount is limited to one per customer and account. To receive discount, items must be added to cart and checked out individually.
    • The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $20.
    • Promotion only applies to Amazon Smart Plug.
    • Discount automatically applied at checkout.
    • Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
    • If any of the products related to these offers are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product(s), subject to applicable refund policies.
    • If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
    • Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on July 16, 2019.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-15-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:41 AM   #70
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
The prime day deal deal on the echo show 5” had a money-saving quirk so I took advantage of it. Normal deal is half the $99 price so down to $49. I noticed a link near the price for an upgrade deal. Gave me an instant $5 for an old dot, with a 25% off upgrade coupon, which took 25% off the original price. So upgraded my old extra dot to a modern one with a screen for $22.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #71
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
The prime day deal deal on the echo show 5” had a money-saving quirk so I took advantage of it. Normal deal is half the $99 price so down to $49. I noticed a link near the price for an upgrade deal. Gave me an instant $5 for an old dot, with a 25% off upgrade coupon, which took 25% off the original price. So upgraded my old extra dot to a modern one with a screen for $22.
Those upgrade discounts are pretty cool. Are you responsible for return shipping charges?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #72
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Those upgrade discounts are pretty cool. Are you responsible for return shipping charges?
No, they are giving me a free shipping label to print.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #73
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
No, they are giving me a free shipping label to print.
Cool
Old 07-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #74
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Alexa Voice Shopping

This $4.99 offer is only available through Alexa Voice Shopping. If you order it through Amazon, you'll pay the full price of $24.99.

Note: it's also available for $4.99 with the purchase of select smart devices.
It's hard to fault a $5 plug, but be aware that, unlike most other brands of smart plug which connect to Alexa via a third-party skill, the Amazon plug cannot (currently) be shared between profiles in a household.
So my Amazon plug conversations often sound like this:

"Alexa, turn on the Amazon Plug"
"I can't find a device called Amazon Plug"
"<d'oh!> Alexa, switch profiles"
"Now in ApK's account"
"Alexa, turn on the Amazon Plug"

Last edited by ApK; 07-15-2019 at 10:04 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #75
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Gift Card Promo -- exp 16 Jul @ 11:59 PM PT -- while supplies last

Quote:
Prime Member Exclusive

Get a $5 promo credit when you buy $25 in Amazon Gift Cards

Enter promotion code GCPRIME19 at checkout, or tap the button below to automatically apply promotion code to your account.
Quote:
How it works

a. Tap the “Add the code to your account” button above or enter the promotion code at checkout.

b. Add $25 or more in Amazon.com Gift Cards to your cart, and complete your purchase.

c. Your $5 promotional credit will be applied to your account within two days after your qualifying Amazon.com Gift Card purchase is completed or, in the case of physical gift cards, shipped.

Offer details

* Offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT), July 16, 2019 while supplies last.

* Offer has a limit of one Amazon.com promotional credit per Prime account.

For complete promotion terms and conditions, please scroll down on this page.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-15-2019 at 11:20 AM.