Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 08:05 AM   #1
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Tolino forum requested

@the.powers.that.be:

Isn't it time to have a Tolino forum?

At least in Belgium, one of the major book stores is backing this e-reader and I've been looking into getting one. The fact that there was no mobileread forum about them actually scared me out of getting one from now

But since I found some people in the Tolino 4 HD thread knowledgeable enough about them, I think there's potential for giving the Tolino readers their own sub forum. (I hope you agree).

One link that needs to be preserved: rooting and installing an app launcher
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=41

(credits to @Mirh )
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Same in Italy: ibs.it is one of the most famous bookstores and they adopted tolino.
I’m using it for more than 1 year and I love it. I prefer it compared to Kindle Voyage.
There is a forum for eBook readers that nobody knows and last message posted 3 years ago... :P
Tolino deserves a dedicated forum!
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
Same in Italy: ibs.it is one of the most famous bookstores and they adopted tolino.
I’m using it for more than 1 year and I love it. I prefer it compared to Kindle Voyage.
There is a forum for eBook readers that nobody knows and last message posted 3 years ago... :P
Tolino deserves a dedicated forum!
Meanwhile I've bought the Tolino and it works really well... But there's bound to be some hacking & tweaking we can do maybe other owners can add their 'vote' to this thread to show support?
Old 05-11-2018, 03:23 AM   #4
Dryhte
Crow

I've been reconsidering this there's not much to be discussed about the Tolino since it just works - very well. Okay I'd still be interested if someone knew some clever hacks, but even in its vanilla state it's a really good, trouble free e-reader.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:37 AM   #5
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
If there was a hack that made Tolinos handle embedded fonts correctly, I might consider buying one. At the moment, if you choose any font but Publisher Default, the chosen font will override all fonts embedded for initials etc., which is a dealbreaker for me.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
tolino, tolino vision