Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #61
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by otanim View Post
knc1, Cinisajoy.
it doesn't help. there is no changes. maybe good old method will work: waiting
Try posting in threads not starting them.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #62
otanim
Enthusiast
otanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura about

Device: KOA, KOA2
Cinisajoy well, statistics says that I have already 10 posts and 10 new threads.
as soon as reverse engineering says, it's useless. I do remember that those kind of forums have a karma limitations too. Can I ask you to increase mine, so I could test the system?
otanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2017, 10:59 PM   #63
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Cinisajoy well, statistics says that I have already 10 posts and 10 new threads.
as soon as reverse engineering says, it's useless. I do remember that those kind of forums have a karma limitations too. Can I ask you to increase mine, so I could test the system?
Each thread counts as a post.
Yes, I will karma you out of curiosity.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:14 AM   #64
otanim
Enthusiast
otanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura about

Device: KOA, KOA2
Cinisajoy thanks for the karma! I'm not sure is that help me to switch on the PM, but user nicknamed pdurrant PMed me.

knc1 seems now I can receive PM messages, but I'm unable to reply to them. This whole system of forum is too complex tho.
otanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #65
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Cinisajoy thanks for the karma! I'm not sure is that help me to switch on the PM, but user nicknamed pdurrant PMed me.

knc1 seems now I can receive PM messages, but I'm unable to reply to them. This whole system of forum is too complex tho.

Please do not clutter up this thread with requests for karma.

Your PMs will be turned on at an appropriate time based upon time and participation.

The name of this thread - AND THE SUBJECT MATTER - is 'Tools KOA2 jail break.'

Thank you for your understanding.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #66
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Meanwhile, back on topic:

The new jail break bridge code (that auto re-installs the jail break after an update) for all touchscreen devices K5 ... KOA2 is almost ready (I still need to check screen printing on KOA2).

KT-5.3.7.3:

Click image for larger version

Name:	user155717_pic7698_1511897837.png
Views:	501
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	160282

That should also cut down on the number of: "But I am not sure if the bridge code ran" type of posts.

Next: New dispatcher script (so ;log xxx yyy zzz will work for add-ins even if nothing else will).

Last edited by issybird; 11-28-2017 at 04:48 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #67
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
When you have a chance could you please advise me how to confirm my jailbreak survived the update to 5.9.2?
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:00 AM   #68
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
SCNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
...That should also cut down on the number of: "But I am not sure if the bridge code ran" type of posts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
...could you please advise me how to confirm my jailbreak survived the update to...
Definition of Irony: the two preceeding and consecutive posts.

Definition of Sarcasm : my post.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:47 AM   #69
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Definition of Irony: the two preceeding and consecutive posts.

Definition of Sarcasm : my post.
You are very astute in your commentary (also not helpful). For the record in one of the PM's from knc1 to me regarding the jailbreak I was told after jb'ing it would be okay to update to the current firmware as long as the survival code was installed.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:53 AM   #70
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
You are very astute in your commentary (also not helpful). For the record in one of the PM's from knc1 to me regarding the jailbreak I was told after jb'ing it would be okay to update to the current firmware as long as the survival code was installed.
The "Jail break" you are asking about is the device jail break, our signature certificate.

It is only used to install our signed packages with names in the form of:
update_*.bin
So you could test if the JB survived by installing one of our packages.

Oh, but wait, you are asking about a KOA2 -
There are no packages for a KOA2 to try installing.

So trust me, if you followed all of the directions you where given, it survived.
And if it didn't there is nothing you can do about it now that you are running 5.9.2
Old 11-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #71
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
So you could test if the JB survived by installing one of our packages.

Oh, but wait, you are asking about a KOA2 -
There are no packages for a KOA2 to try installing.

So trust me, if you followed all of the directions you where given, it survived.
And if it didn't there is nothing you can do about it now that you are running 5.9.2
Yes, the instructions were followed to the letter. The fact that there are no packages was exactly why I was asking if there were some other way to confirm. I will just wait patiently for updates. I wish I could help in some way but I am not a coder.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #72
knc1
Going Viral

You can use the search bar command to run a script at the topmost level of visible USB storage.
The command is:
;log runme
The script must be named:
RUNME.sh
That name, the case as shown.

Using a plain text editor using Unix (Linux) line endings (not Windows line endings) create the file with the following contents (cut & paste should work):
Code:
#!/bin/sh

[ -f  "/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem"  ] && cp "/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem"  "/mnt/us/documents" || printf '%s\n' "DevKey not found" >"/mnt/us/documents/NotFound.txt"
If the device is still jail broken, you will have a copy of the public key in /documents.
If the device is not jail broken, you will have a copy of "NotFound.txt" personal document in /documents.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:26 AM   #73
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
If the device is not jail broken, will it execute ;log runme anyway?
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:39 AM   #74
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
If the device is not jail broken, will it execute ;log runme anyway?
No.
That is installed as part of the "Hotfix" package, which also installs the update bridge code.
Which means the ;log runme MIGHT work, even if the developer key ("jail break") is no longer installed.

Those (bridge and dispatcher) are the things I am re-writing now.

Last edited by knc1; 11-29-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #75
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
I meant your post #72: if the device was jail broken, but now it is not, will it run ;log runme?
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, koa2