Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #16
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium View Post
I have some experience with Ruby and Python, I noticed the KOreader is written in Lua, the code looks familiar to me, looks like it's times to get my hands dirty.
This might be of interest.

There is already a "Radium(something)" at Github but if you want to join the effort I am sure they would welcome anything you can offer.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #17
Radium
The Alchemist
Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Yeah I'm RadiumAlchemist @ github.
I really like programming, and I've read many books, and I'm right now in the middle of coding my first program (a cross-platform personal finance app, the best ever...).
But I'm also a pharmacy student, and currently finals are ahead, and just have to study study and study.

I feel I've read enough coding books, and it's better to get my hands dirty in real projects (like helping with KOreader).

Once the finals end, the summer will be my coding honeymoon.

BTW Another tweak to KOreader would be this

Last edited by Radium; 06-15-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Radium is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #18
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
For me the "Page Overlap" is too intense, I would like it more transparent. I seem to remember some talk of some way to adjust that.
It was discussed at github issue #278. Chrox commented a manual approach here.

I have been meaning to look at this again to make it an adjustable menu item....will take some time before I get to that, though.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #19
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bump , for the fixed Koreader build.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #20
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
Are there any potential conflicts between Fmon and Start Menu?
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #21
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Tshering, who authored and maintains the Kobo Start Menu, uses fmon for some of the functions the start menu adds to Nickel, including a means to exit it.

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #22
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Thanks for great guide, but just to comment on steps for installing KSM and two alternate readers.

I first installed KSM, after that Koreader and after that Cool Reader. In first post KSM is installed last.

Maybe it was before, when you created first post, but now it works just fine if we first install KSM and after that other readers.

I'm using H2O with 3.12.0 firmware.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:24 PM   #23
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Thanks for great guide, but just to comment on steps for installing KSM and two alternate readers.

I first installed KSM, after that Koreader and after that Cool Reader. In first post KSM is installed last.

Maybe it was before, when you created first post, but now it works just fine if we first install KSM and after that other readers.

I'm using H2O with 3.12.0 firmware.
I have thought of changing it to KSM first for this guide, it does seem more like a logical progression that way.

Edit: OK, I changed the first post.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-23-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:59 AM   #24
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
** Embryo, Pointed out this fix for the Start Menu on some devices, ( Glo users have reported running into this issue) **
This information concerns only KSM 04. Therefore, it might be confusing for some new users. Maybe it would be better to remove it completely. KSM 06 has enabled this feature by default (In can be disabled in usersettings.txt).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #25
Ken Maltby
Wizard

OK, removed it.

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-24-2015, 09:41 PM   #26
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Edit: OK, I changed the first post.
Thanks, it would be very helpful for others. I also was thinking for a time what to do, as I already had KSM installed and I worried it might not work if I try to install cool reader last.

But, installing KSM first is really best move today and after that installing other readers in any way we like.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:05 PM   #27
Heiderose
Heiderose began at the beginning.

Device: PB 623
Thank you!
Heiderose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:47 PM   #28
elvenic
Enthusiast
elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Glo
So I've installed Kobo Start Menu/Koreader on my Kobo Glo. Koreader works OK; one question though: I've enabled 'follow links', now when I press a link, Koreaded jumps to the link's target location, but how do I jump back to the link origination location? I may be missing something, but I can't find 'Back' command in the menu.
elvenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #29
elvenic
Enthusiast
elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenic View Post
So I've installed Kobo Start Menu/Koreader on my Kobo Glo. Koreader works OK; one question though: I've enabled 'follow links', now when I press a link, Koreaded jumps to the link's target location, but how do I jump back to the link origination location? I may be missing something, but I can't find 'Back' command in the menu.
So I'm replying to myself.

I looked at the lua source code and found the 'readerlink.lua' file. After reading which I had a hypothesis that when you jump to the link, the Koreader will setup the screen so that on swipe 'east' (from right to left) you will go not to the previous page (relative to the page of the link destination), but to the origin of the link.

I've tested it on my Kobo, and it worked. So the conclusion is that there is no button in the menu to go back, but you should use swipe 'east' instead.

But that is useful only for links like to short footnotes, where, after reading the footnote, you most likely want to return back to the link origin.

It is useless for links like in the table of contents, because after you jump to a chapter, swipe several pages 'west' as you read the chapter, then want to go back one page in this chapter by swiping 'east', you will be suddenly thrown back to the table of contents because ReaderLink rememberes that you jumped to the capter through the link and interpretes first swipe 'east' as command to go to the link origin (table of contents in our case).

I personally think that better design choice would be, instead of using first 'east' swipe to go back to the link origin, to have separete command 'Back' in the menu, or something similar, to go back. For example, the CoolReader implements jumping back this way.
elvenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #30
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Sounds like a good thing to suggest over at Github .

Luck;
Ken