Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #31
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
The only thing I'll try to answer is the hibernation question.

I have had no issues (yet) with hibernation and I love what it does for battery life! I have not used the manual hibernation mode. I just close my PE, and when I open it again it says I'm in hibernation and to hit the menu button to come out of it. Very easy. My PE lasts all night unplugged with very little power loss, whereas with Dingo I would have very little power left in the morning!

WSOD I think happens to some unlucky people, no one knows why (except it occurs on other devices as well). Just keep your fingers crossed . . .
Filark,

I think I recall you being as apprehensive about installing the Ermine update as I still am . Just curious - What convinced you to finally take the plunge (I literally almost wrote, "over the edge" )?
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #32
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Batman!

lol! I did finally topple over the eDGe, hehe!

No one thing decided me. I had read enough to believe I could do the upgrade and, if I had to, do the downgrade too. Then I had to get over my laziness in doing a backup, which I finally did. Took me a while to figure out how to back up my apps, but I finally did that, too. I had spent enough time with my PE by then that I felt I knew it well enough to mess with its innards, so to speak. So one day, with a print-out of Obsessed's post beside me, I just went ahead and did it!!

I have occasional glitches and stalls, have had to turn the power off then on again (reboot) 2 or 3 times, but it runs no worse (in my opinion) than my Windows machines -- maybe better!

Time. Enough of it passing. That's what really convinced me.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #33
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Hi Batman!

lol! I did finally topple over the eDGe, hehe!

No one thing decided me. I had read enough to believe I could do the upgrade and, if I had to, do the downgrade too. Then I had to get over my laziness in doing a backup, which I finally did. Took me a while to figure out how to back up my apps, but I finally did that, too. I had spent enough time with my PE by then that I felt I knew it well enough to mess with its innards, so to speak. So one day, with a print-out of Obsessed's post beside me, I just went ahead and did it!!

I have occasional glitches and stalls, have had to turn the power off then on again (reboot) 2 or 3 times, but it runs no worse (in my opinion) than my Windows machines -- maybe better!

Time. Enough of it passing. That's what really convinced me.
Aha, I see. That's a good outlook to take, I think, however I may be like the last soldier in WWII emerging from a cave in a daze to confront the new world that's passed him by - such is the life of a chickenheart!
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #34
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I normally don't reply to my own threads but since Entourage is out of business I deleted or replaced all the Entourage links in this thread.

Last edited by obsessed2; 06-01-2011 at 09:50 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #35
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool! I was wondering how that would work, with so many helpful posts pointing to a defunct message board.

Thanks, Obsessed!
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #36
Drema
Drema began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge x2
Unhappy I know it's here but I can't find it . . .

obsessed2 - I'm hoping you recall where the post is that gives us links to older versions of the Kindle app. After buying a PE for myself and working my way through the forums to gain all sorts of helpful advice, I've bought another PE for my daughter and want to get it up to speed for her. I recall that I had to load an older version of the Kindle app, and that I got the link for it from the Entourage forum, but I've spent an hour on here and can't find it again. I left this PE with the Dingo software, and it won't load the Kindle app from amazon.com at all. Interestingly enough, it's locked up on me three times just this evening. I think I need to skip the hassle and upgrade it to Ermine! I'd appreciate your help if you recall where that post might be.
Drema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #37
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drema View Post
obsessed2 - I'm hoping you recall where the post is that gives us links to older versions of the Kindle app. After buying a PE for myself and working my way through the forums to gain all sorts of helpful advice, I've bought another PE for my daughter and want to get it up to speed for her. I recall that I had to load an older version of the Kindle app, and that I got the link for it from the Entourage forum, but I've spent an hour on here and can't find it again. I left this PE with the Dingo software, and it won't load the Kindle app from amazon.com at all. Interestingly enough, it's locked up on me three times just this evening. I think I need to skip the hassle and upgrade it to Ermine! I'd appreciate your help if you recall where that post might be.
Freeware Lovers has all the older versions of the Kindle App.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/kindle

If you are looking to upgrade to Ermine here is where you need to go:

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...leid=265&nav=0

Make sure you download the Dingo update just in case something goes wrong or you don't like Ermine. My guess is you'll like it. I have it on three devices (2 PEs and an EE) and I couldn't be happier. For the PE, Ermine is highly polished and very stable.

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...leid=263&nav=0

Last edited by obsessed2; 06-11-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #38
Drema

Thank you!!! I'm loving Ermine on my own PE, and I'm about to put it on this new one for my daughter.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #39
Drema

Unhappy Overdrive ???

Next question . . . again, I've already installed this on one PE and can't figure it out on another one!

Overdrive Media Console will not install. All I'm getting is a "web page not available" message. Did I get this app from somewhere else originally too?? I wish I had made notes as I worked through all this the first time.

Ermine is loaded and seems to be fine, got the Amazon app store loaded and added several free games.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #40
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drema View Post
Next question . . . again, I've already installed this on one PE and can't figure it out on another one!

Overdrive Media Console will not install. All I'm getting is a "web page not available" message. Did I get this app from somewhere else originally too?? I wish I had made notes as I worked through all this the first time.

Ermine is loaded and seems to be fine, got the Amazon app store loaded and added several free games.
Try uninstalling the App. Then download directly from Overdrvie Media and re-install.

http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/
Old 06-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #41
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
A tip that may be of interest to newcomers.

Make a directory/folder on your computer and put a copy of all the APKs that work in it, that way you will always know where to find them. In fact it would be a good idea to download them to the computer first.

I have ninety odd stored on our server plus quite a few older versions so that if a newer version fails to work I can always go back to the older working version.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #42
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
A tip that may be of interest to newcomers.

Make a directory/folder on your computer and put a copy of all the APKs that work in it, that way you will always know where to find them. In fact it would be a good idea to download them to the computer first.

I have ninety odd stored on our server plus quite a few older versions so that if a newer version fails to work I can always go back to the older working version.
Great point. I usually download all APKs to my PC first and then download them on my Edge via wireless using a shared folder on my PC.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #43
Drema

nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Try uninstalling the App. Then download directly from Overdrvie Media and re-install.

http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/
No luck there either. I feel like I'm missing something obvious here!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #44
Filark

I have version 2.1.0.2 installed on my eDGe, but I see the one for download from the Overdrive website is 2.3, dated May 23, 2011 (I think). Could be the new version won't work?? If I get around to backing up my apks like I know I should (lol), I'll try installing the newer version and see if I have the same trouble you're having.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #45
obsessed2
Wizard

The new version from Overdrive works on the Edge.

Drema: I'm assuming you have a connection because you said you can download from Amazon. Have you tried to access any other websites using the default browser?

Next, open the default browser and trying clearing cache and history data. After opening the browser, press Menu and select Settings. Under privacy setting Clear Cache and Clear History. Ensure Accept Cookies is checked and Enable JavScript. If you select Website Settings you can select individual websites and Clear Stored Data.

After everything is cleared, give it another shot and see what happens.