Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #16
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And none of that disagrees with what I said. But, you are testing using 0.0 as the current firmware version. There is an update relative to version 0.0. But, relative to version 4.11.11980, the only affiliate updated is "rakutenbooks". So, any Forma already on 4.11.11980 won't be offered an update. Anyone setting up a Forma for the first time today, or who hadn't updated to 4.11.11980, will get 4.11.11982.

As I said, it is probably some small tweak for the Japanese market. Something not considered an issue for others so not worthwhile updating any devices already on 4.11.11980. That firmware is less than a week old, and it would be annoying to have such a quick update if there is nothing for you. Maybe the plan is to let it go to the pre-4.11.11980 devices first, and then update the rest later. Or maybe they will just leave it until a release for the other devices is made.
Oh, I see what you mean. Usually, it has been the other way around (for example the Aura ONE LE needed 4.7.10364 as the base).

And yes, it is quite annoying to have an update so soon, but I'm getting faster at updating the patches (I can do it in 30 minutes now, plus 10 for testing).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:13 AM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
For those who want to patch, they will be forced to upgrade to 4.11.11982? I went to patch my Forma (4.11.11980), and since the 4.11.11980 isn't available for download, I'm going to upgrade to 4.11.11982.

Last edited by John F; 11-13-2018 at 06:05 AM.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:06 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
For tghose who want to patch, they will be forced to upgrade to 4.11.11982? I went to patch my Forma (4.11.11980), and since the 4.11.11980 isn't available for download, I'm going to upgrade to 4.11.11982.
The Wiki has the link to the 4.11.11980 package to download. It still works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:09 AM   #19
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has the sticky menu behavior changed? On my Glo HD (on a much older firmware), when I click on the bottom for the menu (while reading), it would pop-up with the last menu selection; in this firmware, when I click on the bottom for the menu, I always get menu with the arrow pointing left-right (page number, table of contents, ...).

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:19 AM   #20
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Even if the Aura is a Mark 5 ?

I wouldn't want to brick her ereader...

You know, divorce lawyer are not cheap.

EDIT : Just upgraded it. It works fine. Thanks.
How does the two-finger light adjustment work? Does it still "miss" swipes, have any kind of delay, or open the dictionary after adjusting the brightness?

The two finger light adjustment is the one persistent issue that has compelled me to stick with firmware v3.12.1 on my 1st gen Aura, because it's the last firmware where it worked flawlessly.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:56 AM   #21
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
For those who want to patch, they will be forced to upgrade to 4.11.11982? I went to patch my Forma (4.11.11980), and since the 4.11.11980 isn't available for download, I'm going to upgrade to 4.11.11982.
It is available. Just click the "Other Versions" button, and you'll see it there.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:56 AM   #22
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Has the sticky menu behavior changed? On my Glo HD (on a much older firmware), when I click on the bottom for the menu (while reading), it would pop-up with the last menu selection; in this firmware, when I click on the bottom for the menu, I always get menu with the arrow pointing left-right (page number, table of contents, ...).

Thanks.
Yes. I'll be working on a patch for that next week.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #23
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Quote:

Thanks.
How did you get your hands on a Glo HD version of the firmware? (mark 6)

I would like it too.

Thanks!
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #24
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1984 View Post

I would like it too.

Thanks!
Just install the mark 7 one.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #25
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1984 View Post

I would like it too.

Thanks!
I was running the latest firmware on a Forma, and comparing to old firmware running on my Glo HD.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #26
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

It works really well with the kobo glo HD! Very happy with the patchers. PBChess also still works and NighMode.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: I also have the NoGoogleAnalytics and Adblock installed.

Last edited by Nemo1984; 11-13-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:04 PM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Just heard back from Kobo. The only change in this is "a small pin lock fix." Nothing else has changed. From that, if you are on 4.11.11980 and don't use the pin lock, don't worry about updating. If you do use the pin lock, maybe it is worthwhile.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:53 AM   #28
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Updated my KA2v1 to FW 4.11.11982.

Found 1 issue:
after swiping to increase the back-light (from 0% to 100%) and inspection of the value from the back-light icon in the upper menu bar it remains there always at 0%. Not a big issue, but still.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:20 PM   #29
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe & Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
How does the two-finger light adjustment work? Does it still "miss" swipes, have any kind of delay, or open the dictionary after adjusting the brightness?
I don’t know, I’m not the one using it. But I haven’t heard any complaint.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #30
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And none of that disagrees with what I said. But, you are testing using 0.0 as the current firmware version. There is an update relative to version 0.0. But, relative to version 4.11.11980, the only affiliate updated is "rakutenbooks". So, any Forma already on 4.11.11980 won't be offered an update. Anyone setting up a Forma for the first time today, or who hadn't updated to 4.11.11980, will get 4.11.11982.

As I said, it is probably some small tweak for the Japanese market. Something not considered an issue for others so not worthwhile updating any devices already on 4.11.11980. That firmware is less than a week old, and it would be annoying to have such a quick update if there is nothing for you. Maybe the plan is to let it go to the pre-4.11.11980 devices first, and then update the rest later. Or maybe they will just leave it until a release for the other devices is made.

Hi David (yeah long time, eh)

I received my forma on Wednesday this week, and it auto installed version:
4.11.11982 (83d4c9392f) 11/6/18

I bought it through jbhifi.

PS I use jbhifi's Friends and Family program, because I'm alumni of UTS, and I paid $384.55, and $40.32 for the kobo cover
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote