Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
my3monkees
my3monkees began at the beginning.

Device: none
Highlighting text??

Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance, brand new to this world of ereader/tablets!
Just recently bought my daughter this tablet: Double Power (DOPO) - MD-702 - 7 inch Capacitive Screen Android 2.3 Tablet.
Great little tablet, works great! She loves it! The only thing we can't figure out is how to highlight text, or if its even possible.
I know it has the Kindle Reader installed.
She downloaded some study material in ePub format. She can open and read it fine. But is unable to highlight text.
Any help with text highlighting would be awesome!!
Thanks!!
my3monkees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I've been trying to find software to highlight epubs without success. If you have a PDF version, ezPdf and Repligo will both highlight them. The highlight stays with the PDF so it's there if you read it elsewhere. I like ezPdf a little better because it keeps the zoom setting better. But highlighting in Repligo seems to be a little easier. Ymmv.

Hopefully someone who knows how to highlight in a epub will chime in.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
my3monkees
my3monkees began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you! Some of what she needs to highlight is in PDF or she can download both ways. So we tried ezPDF and it works perfectly for what she needs!
I'd still like to find one for ePub, but for PDF it works great!
Thanks!
my3monkees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I've started using mantano reader for highlighting both PDFs and Epubs. I really like it.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #5
Pilgrym
Pilgrym began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
But with Mantano, the highlighting is not preserved in the PDF, or am I mistaken?
That means that I cannot sync the highlighted PDF back to the PC (to Zotero for instance) and see the highlighting I did in Mantano. That makes it unusable for me. Shame, Mantano is great otherwise.
Pilgrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
There are two good erasers out there that support annotations for ePub. They are Moon+ integrate and Montano. Both also have good sharing integration.

Montano uses its own annotations system and not the PDF standard.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
There are two good erasers out there that support annotations for ePub.
But I thought you wanted the annotations.....

Damnyouautocorrect!
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
But I thought you wanted the annotations.....
Damnyouautocorrect!
Ha ha true!
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote