Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #31
lbrockmueller
lbrockmueller began at the beginning.

Device: T/X
I have been having similar issues on Windows 8.1 with an iPad Air 2 (Wi-fi only). My Ipod 5G has been connecting perfectly with the beta dll files and now with Calibre 2.11 (64 bit). The iPad Air 2 has never been recognized. This occurs not only with Marvin XD, but also when customizing the iOS reader applications for Goodreader 4. The iPod is recognized as a device, but nothing for the iPad. I have connected the iPad with the iPod powered down and wifi off and have gone through the trouble-shooting steps without solving this. I love Marvin as a reader and have appreciated everyone's efforts to make it work with Calibre.
lbrockmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #32
damiensmunki
damiensmunki began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3
Yeah... Last night I wiped everything off my iPad Air 2 and set it up as a new iPad. I had been restoring it from a backup of my old iPad. This was my last-ditch effort to get it to work with Calibre. No go. Has anyone actually gotten an iPad Air 2 to work with Calibre?
damiensmunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #33
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I suspect there is a specific incompatibility problem with the IPad Air 2. Fundamentally, the developer support for Calibre + Marvin (via the plugins) is minimal, and for Air 2 is probably non-existent. If I had an Air 2 I would have a go at fixing this problem, but I don't so it looks like we're stuck, unless someone else steps up.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #34
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I havent used the plugin since GRiker stopped development and it was taken over. I just use the built in bookmarks and search out the server over wifi. This gets round that 1000 book restriction on Dropbox (why is that, I still don't know) and is far less fussy than the plugin. Yes, I know people want to organise collections etc etc but oh well, perhaps not.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #35
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I posted some an updated debug file in the plugin group. I also opened some of the scripts and noticed that the new ipads are not listed in the devices section of the scripts. Not sure if that is the only issue, but it's at least one omission with the current version of the script. I'm happy to help troubleshoot if anyone can take a crack at updating the plugin.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #36
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I've been able to fix the plugin to work with the air 2. See my post at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...11#post2988611
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote