Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
thadiyan
Enthusiast
thadiyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Touch
How do I disable iPhoto from opening up?

Hello,

When I connect up my kindle to my mac, iPhoto starts up automatically. I don't have any pictures and further if I connect a usb flash drive this does not happen.

Any thoughts?

Thadiyan
thadiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiyan
How do I disable iPhoto from opening up? Hello, When I connect up my kindle to my mac, iPhoto starts up automatically. I don't have any pictures and further if I connect a usb flash drive this does not happen. Any thoughts? Thadiyan
There is a control panel app called 'Cameras' (search Macupdate.com for it). It allows you to determine what you want to happen whenever you connect a camera or USB device. You'll then be able to tell it to not open iPhoto whenever you connect the Kindle. It's really handy cause somethings I want to open iPhoto and some things Image Capture and others nothing.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
If you never want iPhoto to open automatically for any device, click iPhoto, Preferences, General. Next to "Connecting Camera Opens" select "No Application".
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Cameras does the trick for the Kindle3 - thanks for the tip! But it does not recognize my Kobo. But neither does iPhoto (grin) - so that's a moot point.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote