Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 04:49 AM   #1
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i
pdf to generic - problem with "ll"

Hello guys
I converted a certain book from pdf to mobi( and after the failure tried converting to txt, problem remained) and each word that has a "ll" in it goes to a single l instead and a space afterward.
For example "Wall" is converted to "Wal", "galloping" becomes "gal oping" and so on.
There are no other problems...
How can I fix that?
gollu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollu View Post
Hello guys
I converted a certain book from pdf to mobi( and after the failure tried converting to txt, problem remained) and each word that has a "ll" in it goes to a single l instead and a space afterward.
For example "Wall" is converted to "Wal", "galloping" becomes "gal oping" and so on.
There are no other problems...
How can I fix that?
Try checking the keep ligatures box under Preferences - Conversion - Look & Feel.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did as you advised but no success
Any other suggestions?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a known problem with some pdf files, fixing it is on my todo, you will have to wait until I find the time to finish the new pdf engine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
gollu
Unsullied

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's a known problem with some pdf files, fixing it is on my todo, you will have to wait until I find the time to finish the new pdf engine.
I see.
Thanks for the answer!
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 02:44 AM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have had good success with replacing the ligatures in Microsoft word.
I convert to rtf then I find one and replace all
Usually only 3 different ones at most in my experience.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote