Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #136
lennois
lennois began at the beginning.

Device: none
You guys seem to be having a lot more luck than me at purchasing.

Tried getting it shipped to a us billing and shipping address with a usa vpn and nz card - card was declined.

trid shipping to thai and nz addresses direct - both no go.

Given up and will just get a kindle now the price has dropped
lennois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #137
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
Managed to order one in Australia; with Paypal - the credit card linked to it was Australian
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 02:24 AM   #138
Chrise123x
Chrise123x began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Firefox, How did you order one to be shipped to Australia, I tried the paypal option and still no go ?
Chrise123x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #139
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
uhm...it just worked when I tried
Sorry I can't be more specific, did you make sure your postcode had the correct formatting (07 before the actual number in Australia)?
EDIT: I also just got an email that its been shipped...
If you look in another thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=87897&page=3) they're talking about it and the non-availability of it....

Last edited by firefox; 06-23-2010 at 02:51 AM.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #140
Hadel
Hadel began at the beginning.

Device: none
At the first step of the checkout - even before the payment method - I got:

In compliance with shipping regulations, some item(s) in your order cannot be sent to The Hague in Netherlands.
Please provide another address below or edit your cart to remove the following item(s):
NOOK WiFi
NOOK 3G
Hadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #141
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast
BooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Libra h2o
I've just ordered using usunlocked. Paid by Diners Card but it's registered to UK address so I suspect the payment will fail, still better than paying $10 for the prepay card (just yet)
BooksOnBowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #142
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
The payment won't necessarily fail.

You're actually free to use international credit cards, B&N doesn't restrict you on that. What they do restrict you to is having a US billing address.

So just use the shipping address you got from USUnlocked as your billing address, and you're good to go.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #143
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast
BooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
The payment won't necessarily fail.

You're actually free to use international credit cards, B&N doesn't restrict you on that. What they do restrict you to is having a US billing address.

So just use the shipping address you got from USUnlocked as your billing address, and you're good to go.
When I put my UK address is as the address for the Diners card it said I had to remove the Nook from my basket. It would let me buy a cover and a light though!

When I changed it to the US address of course the billing failed and they emailed me to say that (as I expected)

Just waiting for the funds to clear in my usunlocked discover account.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:49 AM   #144
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
The billing failed when you put the US address? That's strange. I put in the shipping address for my billing address and it accepted it, no problem. (Though I didn't go through USUnlocked.)

Are you sure they said the billing failed? Was it cancelled? Or did they say "Unable to process order, please call 1-800-WE-SUCK" or something similar? If it's the latter, don't worry about it. They sent me the same thing. Just contact them* to confirm/verify your order, and they'll ship it.

* Yes, you'll have to call, unfortunately. I tried writing them an email, but it looks like you'll have to actually speak to the Audit people on the number provided. On the bright side, speaking to them on the phone is certainly quicker than writing them an email and hoping they check it soon.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #145
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
The billing failed when you put the US address? That's strange. I put in the shipping address for my billing address and it accepted it, no problem. (Though I didn't go through USUnlocked.)

Are you sure they said the billing failed? Was it cancelled? Or did they say "Unable to process order, please call 1-800-WE-SUCK" or something similar? If it's the latter, don't worry about it. They sent me the same thing. Just contact them to confirm/verify your order, and they'll ship it.
Yeah I got the audit email, USUnlocked said I might, as they detect that a number of nooks have gone to the same address.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #146
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast

I tried to buy an ebook from B&N as a test. I used the USUnlocked Billing & Shipping address but my UK Diners card. It failed. The error says "This title is unavailable to download. Either your payment method was declined, a refund was issued, or charge-back was applied to this item. Contact our Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) for details."

I then bought a $10 egiftcard and sent it to myself, this worked fine, payment accepted etc. Only problem was the book cost $10.76 with the sales tax!!!!!

So it is stuck, because they can't take the extra 76c from my Diners.

I'm definitely going to get this to work
Old 07-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #147
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooksOnBowser View Post
I tried to buy an ebook from B&N as a test. I used the USUnlocked Billing & Shipping address but my UK Diners card. It failed. The error says "This title is unavailable to download. Either your payment method was declined, a refund was issued, or charge-back was applied to this item. Contact our Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) for details."

I then bought a $10 egiftcard and sent it to myself, this worked fine, payment accepted etc. Only problem was the book cost $10.76 with the sales tax!!!!!

So it is stuck, because they can't take the extra 76c from my Diners.

I'm definitely going to get this to work
To buy books at B&N you also need to have an USA IP-address.
For this you need to use a VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or Alwaysvpn.com ($8.50).
Using the USA address as shipping and billing address, and the VPN for an USA ip-address, you should be able to buy books with your UK credit card.

I have no problem buying books from B&N here in the Netherlands using Alwaysvpn.com and my Dutch Visa card.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #148
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Using the USA address as shipping and billing address, and the VPN for an USA ip-address, you should be able to buy books with your UK credit card.
I'll give that a try in a minute. Now to get rid of that D4 Error when trying to read on my Mac
Old 07-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #149
julius537
julius537 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
To buy books at B&N you also need to have an USA IP-address.
For this you need to use a VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or Alwaysvpn.com ($8.50).

I have no problem buying books from B&N here in the Netherlands using Alwaysvpn.com and my Dutch Visa card.
You are right you need a US IP address. If you are unsure on how to purchase the Nook and download from B&N, follow these steps:
https://www.usunlocked.com/blog/?p=348
julius537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #150
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooksOnBowser View Post
I'll give that a try in a minute. Now to get rid of that D4 Error when trying to read on my Mac
Yep worked a treat, used the free Hotspot Shield. Seems strange that unlike the UK they don't check the postcode (zip) to the card billing address.

Managed to get rid of the D4 error. It seems the problem was my Diners Card. It only has 14 characters and the help screen says 'Enter your 15 or 16 digit card number to unlock'

I added my Amex card (which has 15 digits) redownloaded the content and it unlocked although it didn't have any cover art with it?

I then tried to load it onto my Sony reader, the software said 'Your computer is not authorised for this content'. I tried loading it in ADE which said 'Document is licensed for a different user account'

I suspect the answer is you can't move the content from reader to reader even in EPUB format (without stripping DRM)

I presume once I have my Nook it will be seamless anyway and I won't need to keep entering credit card numbers.

Tags
b&n, barnes and noble, international, nook, overseas