Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-03-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Full-Screen Panning Picture bug on Kindle 2

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I'm trying to figure out if anyone else is having this problem.

I've found my kindle is pretty handy for reading high-contrast comic books (like manga). I usually put the images "fit to width" so that I can read them, and then I use the five-way to move around to read.

Whenever I put it at full screen, and I try to move around in the image, it automatically jumps back. This ONLY happens in full screen, and when it's off, the position I move it to stays in place.

The only thing I can think of is there is an option that says "Anchor top right" or "anchor top left", but those are my only choices, and as I said, this only happens in full screen. Unfortunately, turning off full screen puts a bar across the top that can sometimes block part of the image.

I have the software updated to the latest 2.0.3. Does anyone else have this problem?
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
ziplizard
Enthusiast
ziplizard doesn't litterziplizard doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2.0
I've always found the full screen image view to be very buggy. It doesn't let me scroll. It refreshes the image immediately after loading it just to move the image from the center of the screen to the left side (I read with fit image or whatever instead of fit width).

Only 'fix' I can think of doing is to add a white banner to the top of your images so the Kindle header just covers up that white space in non-full screen mode (anyone know how high that banner is?).

Oh, and if anyone knows how to make the Kindle not do the double refresh in full screen mode and enable scrolling, I would be interested in the answer as well.
ziplizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I actually contacted Amazon support about it and this is what they said:

"Placing them into a Pictures folder on the Kindle and transferring them via USB is not a supported function for the Kindle, and we can not offer further support on this.

To view .jpg files on your Kindle, please send them through the conversion process by sending them to your Kindle email address, which will convert them to .azw files.

Thank you for choosing Kindle."

Of course, when I sent a jpg for conversion, I got an error message.

I am seriously considering returning my Kindle. I was hoping they would offer more support on this.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Don't use full screen mode for now in Picture Viewer. It has a bug in it. Picture Viewer is not an official feature, so complaining to it just make it easier for management to kill it.

thx.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
forkyfork
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmoy View Post
Don't use full screen mode for now in Picture Viewer. It has a bug in it. Picture Viewer is not an official feature, so complaining to it just make it easier for management to kill it.

thx.

That is such a shame. This could be a killer feature and I imagine it wouldn't take much to fix it.

I'm disappointed the stance Amazon took on this. They've pretty much lost a customer.
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
<message deleted/>

Last edited by stevenmoy; 05-21-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: served its purpose
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote