Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
islegirl
islegirl began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150
Sony downloads viewed on eBookwise?

Can I download books from the Sony Reader site for my eBookwise 1150 and convert them so they work? Fictionwise and Ebookwise sites don't have many of the books I am looking for. Where else can I go to get new books for my eBookwise reader? Thanks for your help.
islegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by islegirl View Post
Can I download books from the Sony Reader site for my eBookwise 1150 and convert them so they work? Fictionwise and Ebookwise sites don't have many of the books I am looking for. Where else can I go to get new books for my eBookwise reader? Thanks for your help.
the Sony reader format is not a good one for converting to IMP. Mobipocket is a better format and Microsoft LIT. There is a perl script to convert mobi non-drm to imp and a program called convert LIT can be used to convert lit files to source which can then be run through eBook Publisher to create IMP books. To find IMP books use the wiki and search on IMP in the eBooks pages. If you find a source not listed or that does not show IMP in the wiki then please add it. Museys has IMP and there are a few others but the latest eBooks are typically not available in this format. This site, by the way, has lots of very well formatted IMP eBooks available for free download.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
the Sony reader format is not a good one for converting to IMP. Mobipocket is a better format and Microsoft LIT. There is a perl script to convert mobi non-drm to imp and a program called convert LIT can be used to convert lit files to source which can then be run through eBook Publisher to create IMP books.
To get non-DRM .prc/.mobi or .lit ebook files converted directly into .imp formats, install Mobi2IMP and Lit2sb, respectively, as per the thread Easy setup instructions for converting certain files to .imp.

Those instructions also explain how to convert .pdf directly to .imp using PDFRead.

More information can be found in our IMP software wiki.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
islegirl
islegirl began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150
Thank you
islegirl is offline   Reply With Quote