Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
adr2689
adr2689 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
HTML to LRF conversion issue, w/libprs500

(feel free to move this if it's more appropriate elsewhere)

I'm currently waiting for my Sony 505 to arrive, and preparing my library with libprs500. I've run into some difficulty converting two titles, and would appreciate any suggestions as to where I've gone wrong.

I'm trying to convert these two volumes of the Complete Works of Montesquieu. I've saved the HTML files to my eBook folder, imported into libprs500, and began conversion.

The problem is with the output. Everything's fine, until page 555 in vol 1, 515 in vol 2. Then, I get a page showing the contents of the website's sidebar, and the entire work is restarted - ie, duplicating the first 554 pages and the contents &c.

What's especially odd is that I've been able to convert volumes 3 and 4 of this collection with no such problems, and have tried to strip down the HTML code as much as possible, to remove the sidebar altogether, but the duplication persists - at exactly the same point, even though I can detect no difference in the HTML code at that line.

I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer; if my description isn't very clear, or you can't replicate my problem, let me know, and I'll upload the lrf files.

Thanks
adr2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How are you saving the HTMl files to disk?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
adr2689

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
How are you saving the HTMl files to disk?
Via Firefox, with file type as "Web Page, HTML only." Saving in that manner yields no problems wiith volumes 3 and 4.

I've tried resaving the page a few times, including copying and pasting the source code into notepad and tried various encoding there, to no avail.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you post the saved HTML so I can look it.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Basically what you need to do is remove the sidebar html from the saved html.
Advert
Old 03-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
adr2689

See attached.

Very grateful for your help, btw. If you're familiar with anyway of getting rid of the sidebar by default in the HTML code on this domain, I'd be interested to know, since my amateur efforts with various firefox tools had the required superficial effect, but obviously made no impact on the actual source code.

(EDIT: just realised I can't attach html files. Have zipped it)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Montesquieu 1.zip (323.0 KB, 391 views)

Last edited by adr2689; 03-08-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

In the HTML file delete everything between

<body class="grey">

and

<div id="lf_content">

then save the modified HTML file in an empty directory and convert it using html2lrf
Old 03-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #8
adr2689

Excellent, works perfectly. Thanks for your assistance.