Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
mehdivinci
mehdivinci began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just have some Q befor Buy M92,PLZ!

Hi everyone!
Finally i decided to buy M92!
I found this as a good large ereader!
Here I have some question that I appreciate you to answer me , if you can!
1. What is the worst thing a bout this devise which is your personally experienced??
2. Which online store do you recommend for buying this??
3. Is there any shop (not online) in Germany Or UK (especially London)??
I prefer to buy this with US $ !
Thanks for your answer!
mehdivinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
PaulS
PaulS began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
1. The stylus is tiny - I'd rather have something more pen-like.
2. I got it from Ereader-store.de. I think they have the best price and Booxtor seems to take great pride in caring for his customers - just look for his posts on the forum.
3. Ereader-store.de is in Germany and ships worldwide. Prices are in euros. Your bank or whichever service you choose to pay with will convert the currency.

Disclaimer: I've only had it for 2 days! Reading epubs seems flawless (I use fbreader). I finally tried viewing images (it can show folders of images as if they were one document) and it works well enough but the scaling algorithm is rather poor but I got around it by preparing the images with graphics magick (it's like image magick) to use high quality lanczos scaling with dithering to better use the grey levels available.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

1. It has capacity to be even better. It is real torture, if you know, that good thing could be even better.
2. To my understanding 'Booxtor's shop' has the best price. (In Euroatlanti region) (I bought it in other shop cca 50 EUR more expensive)
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
mr_mahermahey
mr_mahermahey began at the beginning.

Device: m92, sony 950
Using stylus for scrolling pages is irritating, and I know I'll lose/break the stylus.

Another inch larger would be great, but I haven't seen anything larger than this so it's not a m92 specific fault.

the lack of something to navigate the books on device like Sony's "Collections" or ability to sort by title or author is annoying. Though maybe I just need to delve into calibre more to at least be able to browse by title or author. hrm, or as it's linux underneath maybe i can just make directories of links..err, rambling now oops.
mr_mahermahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #5
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
can you just use your fingers to scroll?

and what about two columns scientific articles? does it go from one column to the next or you have to manually go back up and right?
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #6
mr_mahermahey

Can't use fingers, it's not a "touch" device so you need to use the stylus or the joystick. I'm really just getting started in configuring it and certainly have missed some options, but... The page forward button takes me 1 full page forward, so if I press it while at the bottom of a page it puts me at the bottom of the next page! argh, the joystick can function to scroll but it redraws the page constantly and only moves me forward a few lines. Scrolling with the stylus is workable but irritating as I know i'll lose or break it. and laying in bed reading it tends to hide from me. A touch device would be very nice.

By the way, I'm speaking of pdfs and with the screen rotated so I'm only seeing 1/2 page of the article at a time. Books I can read vertically with "hide margins" on, for many of them at least. And I'm also only using whatever the default pdf viewer is, I think there's an alternative but haven't got that far with it yet.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:05 AM   #7
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Check options, I don't have the device here, but there is an option for continuous scrolling, meaning that it would not scroll to next page, but scroll to the next unseen part.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtraloud View Post
... what about two columns scientific articles? does it go from one column to the next or you have to manually go back up and right?
No, it does not have "smart" 2 collumns' feature like PB 9xx. But yo can use the pen to move where you need. Smart 2 collumns' feature would be nice!

Maybe in comming 1.7 firmware (should be this week) or one of the next one. I guess Onyx has to keep up with PocketBook...
Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Check options, I don't have the device here, but there is an option for continuous scrolling, meaning that it would not scroll to next page, but scroll to the next unseen part.
this would be very important, I can't belive they did the same mistake of irex !
can you confirm that ?
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #10
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
this would be very important, I can't belive they did the same mistake of irex !
can you confirm that ?
I couldn't find out how to do it on my M92.
Someone posted the trick how do do it. So it seems to work. I can't find it right now.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
Mono
Mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
I couldn't find out how to do it on my M92.
Someone posted the trick how do do it. So it seems to work. I can't find it right now.
I could not either. It doesn't seem to work the way catharis assumes...

Anyway, the things are not so simple. :-( I would like to have the both! Possibility ti move to the same possition on next page and moving to the second page of scanned doublepage.

The first is good if you crop margins yourself and see all the text needed, the second if you see only part of the "page" and want to see another part of the same "page".

To say the truth, I do not know, how to define the task so that it would be programable. Maybe by percentage of page visible. Less than 3/4 (approx.) -> go to next part of current page, more than 3/4 -> go to same place in next page.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #12
mr_mahermahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
To say the truth, I do not know, how to define the task so that it would be programable. Maybe by percentage of page visible. Less than 3/4 (approx.) -> go to next part of current page, more than 3/4 -> go to same place in next page.
Just program it to always go to the top of the next page, if it's displaying a whole page it will still display the whole next page, ipso facto.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #13
Mono
Mono

But what is it exactly top of the next page?

If I "crop" the page to get rid of margins, the "top" of page is where top of my selection is, not real top of the page... So, it is not so simple, as it looks if it should fit needs of different people.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #14
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mahermahey View Post
Just program it to always go to the top of the next page, if it's displaying a whole page it will still display the whole next page, ipso facto.
What do you mean by "programming" exactly?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #15
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
so can someone confirm if the "smart 2 columns" feature exists or not. I like the m92 better than the PB but this could be a deal breaker.

i cant believe it was not included, so many pdf are double columned
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote