Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-02-2024, 07:04 PM   #1
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
Developer Mode

Been having a few issues with an occasional ebook only showing in black and white. Just wont show and colors. I normally use a yellow font with black back ground. In moon reader Pro.

I know its nothing in my current settings, cause I open another ebook, and I get the color back. I know its not the ebook, cause I open the ebook on my desktop, and the color is fine.

I saw a post if you disable "force dark mode" in developer options, it should cure the issue. So can someone please tell me how to get to that setting in mood reader pro please and thank you.

Just checked, it will do the same exact thing on my tablet. So its for sure not my phone.

Last edited by tym; 04-02-2024 at 10:39 PM.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 04:24 AM   #2
smithloo
smithloo began at the beginning.

Device: none
it's quite hard
just search google
smithloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2024, 06:52 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
On most Android devices you repeatedly tap on Build in About Device in settings. I've no memory of seeing such a setting.

Try an ereader app that properly respects the ebook settings such as Lithium or Pocketbook. Or if you must have over-rides you can install the KOReader apk direct from git.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:04 AM   #4
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithloo View Post
it's quite hard
just search google
I have googled the heck out of the issue. I only saw one other with the same issues on redit. He gave the answer that asked about. I dont know if its developer mode for android, or for moon reader pro. Thats why I asked you guys.

I figured if Moon Reader pro had a developer mode, one of you guys would know. Must be a Android Issue. Just seems odd the issue would occur on both my Tablet, and My Cell phone.

Update, I went into developer mode on my cell phone. I never could find the "Force Dark Mode" with google, i tried to change a few settings. Still the same issue. Unless I am doing something wrong, seems like there is a setting in moon reader pro that needs to be changed. Thanks.

Last edited by tym; 04-04-2024 at 08:13 AM.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 03:31 PM   #5
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
I saw a post if you disable "force dark mode" in developer options, it should cure the issue. So can someone please tell me how to get to that setting in mood reader pro please and thank you.
I haven't used Moon+ in many years, but that sounds a lot like the A10+ changes wrt webview darkening. Moon+ should be fixing that themselves...

Quote:
dont know if its developer mode for android
Yes, that would be android's developer mode on Android 10 and later.

Quote:
occasional ebook only showing in black and white. Just wont show and colors
Force dark shouldn't be removing colors entirely though... so are you sure this is the same issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth
Try an ereader app that properly respects the ebook settings such as Lithium or Pocketbook. Or if you must have over-rides you can install the KOReader apk direct from git.
I second that recommendation. Unless you need the obscure options Moon+ provides, Lithium and Pocketbook are better.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert