Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
typex1
typex1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Question problem converting pdf to mobi

Hi all,

I am very new to tablets.....i converted a management pdf book to .mobi.....but the mobi book on Kindle fire looks really terible....I can see images text on the images are separated from image....and the formatting is really bad......

what do you advise me to do.....Do the pdf document permissions are doing above issues?

Thanks for your time.
typex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you read the sticky at the top?

Why not leave the document as PDF. you said it was a tablet?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
typex1
typex1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thanks for the reply.....

PDF don't give definitions or meanings of the words when highlighted. This is the reason why I came for a tablet (Kindle fire).....
typex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by typex1 View Post
PDF don't give definitions or meanings of the words when highlighted. This is the reason why I came for a tablet (Kindle fire).....
A fair reason
Adobe Reader (at least on the PC) has a right-click 'lookup' function that uses dictionary.com

The sticky still applies. Conversions from PDF are iffy
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote