Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 AM   #31
mrklaw
mrklaw began at the beginning.

Device: none
T1 is a thing of beauty, and almost scarily light- makes my kindle 3 look like a right lump. Will check out issues of freezing, but I'm tempted to get one, it would be good to have great library integration. But I need to check I can make my kindle purchases readable on the T1 though, I'm not buying books twice.
mrklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #32
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Well, I bit the bullet and bought it today. Decided on the red (actually a sort of dark magenta) - it was a close-run thing between this and the black, but I reckoned it would be easier to spot if red!

Thanks again to everyone for their help - just need to decide on a cover now!
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #33
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Thanks again to everyone for their help - just need to decide on a cover now!
Getting the Navi-tech one delivered shortly £9.19 - I'll let you know what its like. I'm tempted by a Tuff-luv hemp one but I'll wait for them to publish some pictures....
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #34
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrklaw View Post
T1 is a thing of beauty, and almost scarily light- makes my kindle 3 look like a right lump. Will check out issues of freezing, but I'm tempted to get one, it would be good to have great library integration. But I need to check I can make my kindle purchases readable on the T1 though, I'm not buying books twice.
You can, if you're willing to work a bit. Google Apprentice Alf for the tools that you need. It all seems a bit daunting at first, but once you have it set up, it's almost transparent.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:39 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
You can, if you're willing to work a bit. Google Apprentice Alf for the tools that you need. It all seems a bit daunting at first, but once you have it set up, it's almost transparent.
There's no "almost" about it; it's completely transparent.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #36
ebi985
ebi985 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Reader w/ WiFi PRS-T1 (out since Sep. 2011 or so)

dear friends
i have some questions if you kindly take time to answer:

1. since i have to read many articles from jstor i need to know whether it is possible to read footnotes in sony e-reader (T1) or not?
2. i need to know whether you can copy texts from a pdf/epub file and paste it somewhere (i would like to save myself from writing note cards for my research) or I have to type the text in another application (e.g. word)?
3. how compatible is the e-reader with pdf files regarding navigation, font size, page orientation, and readingin landscape mode?

i really appreciate your kindness for reading my questions and sharing the info. if there is any better option available i'd be more than happy to know about it.
thanks in advance
ebi985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #37
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
As of now there isn't any features that only work with Kobo books.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote