Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #16
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
I had an issue with the bottom "pocket" on many cases. It cradles the bottom of the nook, but interfered with my page turn swipe. The industriell clips don't interfere with that. The little corner tabs some covers have probably wouldn't bug me as much.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #17
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
For my NC, I just got the color field cover--exterior is like a cloth-bound book, inside is rubberized for grip. The reader clips in, so it sits about 1/8th inch away from the back and there's an additional depression behind the speaker. It folds flat, so it doesn't interfere with one-handed operation with either hand.

For my regular Nook, I got the Alice in Wonderland cover, because the Adler Ampersand cover wasn't available at the time and I just haven't gotten around to switching it out. It also has the cloth-bound book outside, but it doesn't fold as flat. That doesn't matter on the Nook, because of the page-turn buttons. I can still one-hand it with either hand.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
Mitzasuro
Connoisseur
Mitzasuro doesn't litterMitzasuro doesn't litter

Device: Nook, Nook Color
I have an oberon case and Love it.
Mitzasuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #19
baroque
baroque has learned how to read e-booksbaroque has learned how to read e-booksbaroque has learned how to read e-booksbaroque has learned how to read e-booksbaroque has learned how to read e-booksbaroque has learned how to read e-booksbaroque has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I have a gray silicone case for my Nook, and I also keep it in an M-Edge Leisure Jacket. I actually read through the Leisure Jacket case, because I have long nails and I hate to leave scratch marks on the buttons or the touch screen (which happened with my Sony Reader).

Works like a charm.
baroque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 AM   #20
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
For me, an easel-style jacket (portrait orientation) is the most important consideration, so it can stand up when reading, perfect for the swipe gesture which requires no pressure (and thus NOT pushing the easel/nook back or over)

I used the Industriell Easel Cover from B&N with my original nook before switching to the M-Edge Platform Jacket, similar but better padded and including an optional light (kinda necessary for the e-ink one when reading in bed)

For the nook color I went with the Sullivan easel cover, landscape since I figured that it might be used quite a bit that way (but alas reading regular books in landscape is NOT supported (yet) as I found out) I saw the Industriell is now also available for the nook color as well, i might get that one. Choices from M-Edge are limited at this point.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #21
redbird
redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
I like the Industrielle cover for its clips -- I just didn't like reading with the frame the other BN covers had. There's a new batch out with clips, though -- more colorful. When I feel like splurging, I'm going to buy one of those.
redbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #22
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
I got my boyfriend a Noreve cover for his nook. It has a neat rail system to hold the nook and fits like a glove. The leather is beautiful, definitely the nicest leather I've come across for an ereader case. They come in about a dozen color choices for the standard leather, or a few different color choices for some other kinds of leather (pebbled, suede, patent). The downside is they're pricey (though I think there are still some coupon codes floating around), and if you get anything other than standard black they take about a month to arrive. Customer service is good, though.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #23
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Oberon's NC cases are up on their website as of today.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote