Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Sony lent me a Daily Edition

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I got the PRS-900 at a private dinner with Sony Thursday night. They gave them out as party favors.

I've been using it and I think I've already formed an opinion. I think I'm going to let the review wait for a while so I can reevaluate.

As it stands, I don't like the Daily Edition.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Uh-oh. Did they "lend" it to you or "give" it to you?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I got the PRS-900 at a private dinner with Sony Thursday night. They gave them out as party favors.

I've been using it and I think I've already formed an opinion. I think I'm going to let the review wait for a while so I can reevaluate.

Love it or not, you have to admit, it was a great party favor. Much better than a balloon and a horn.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
They gave them out as party favors.
Since when do people lend party favors? ..... Some party!
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Uh-oh. Did they "lend" it to you or "give" it to you?
I have to return it. But you have to admit, that was a good line.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have to return it. But you have to admit, that was a good line.
A most excellent line! Can you return it in.... oh say... a year? (so that we all get to play with it... shhhh)
Old 01-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:

I sure wish I'd been at that dinner party!! I'd slip my 8-gig card in it real fast.
I'm sure I'd rather crash that dinner party than the one at the White House.

Last edited by Treven; 01-10-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #8
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Please, do invite us next time
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Try to keep in mind as you re-evaluate that it's a large(r anyway) format device that allows annotations with handwriting, that is quite a bit cheaper than the Que is or the Skiff is likely to be. My Mazda 5 has been a great car for me, but I probably wouldn't think much of it if I had been given it to review after getting to test drive something a lot "sexier" (and more expensive).
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
Quote:

So can you expand on your dislike for the Daily Edition? Has your view changed at all?
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.X. Fort View Post
So can you expand on your dislike for the Daily Edition? Has your view changed at all?
He may be traveling home today (hope he doesn't get stuck in some snow place). Maybe we'll get his report later today or tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
I am going to expand on my opinion. After all, I was given the Daily Edition so I could write a review. I just want to wait until I have more energy. I'm still recovering from CES.

BTW, I just noticed that you can tell how worn out I am by plotting the length of the news stories I've written in the last few days. The length decreases with my energy level.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #13
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
Try to keep in mind as you re-evaluate that it's a large(r anyway) format device that allows annotations with handwriting, that is quite a bit cheaper than the Que is or the Skiff is likely to be. My Mazda 5 has been a great car for me, but I probably wouldn't think much of it if I had been given it to review after getting to test drive something a lot "sexier" (and more expensive).

OT but we love our Mazda 5. Its a fantastic little car. I drive the much sexier RX-8 most of the time and still enjoy our 5
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
Quote:
I am going to expand on my opinion. After all, I was given the Daily Edition so I could write a review. I just want to wait until I have more energy. I'm still recovering from CES.

BTW, I just noticed that you can tell how worn out I am by plotting the length of the news stories I've written in the last few days. The length decreases with my energy level.
Now when you say "given" are we talking loan-given or given-given? Im still a little unclear on the term "Party Favor"
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Now when you say "given" are we talking loan-given or given-given? Im still a little unclear on the term "Party Favor"
Post #5 says he has to return it.