Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #31
hansmeyer
hansmeyer began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Lightbulb Content Manager not working

I put the two packages on to my Reader and i really like this root. Specially because it is not slowing down my Reader too much.
I only have one problem.
If i disconnect the Reader from USB after a refill with new books, the Reader is not searching for new content and is not detecting the SD Card anymore.
I have to completely restart the player to make that happen.
I can live with this problem if this is normal.
If it is not normal i hope there is a solution to it.
Thanks in advance.
hansmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #32
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
It is not normal - at all. Scan ("Loading" on the notification bar) should start automatically. Sometimes with a delay - but without restarts.

See if temporary replacing your SD card with a different one (and formatted on the device) would help...
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #33
pe1dnn
Enthusiast
pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
Total commander allows you to modify colors any way you like using options - it is far easier
Except for the mentioned dialog. I have the same problem. Its all back on white on the main screen. But when I go to add button, select "Internal command" and on the next line press >> to look for the command only the icons are readable, not the text.

I change the colours via menu-->configuration-->font type and colour. Foreground is completely black and background white. If I reverse the colours the mentioned dialog stays the same, these settings do not affect this list apparently.

I have a similar problem in Perfect Viewer, the bookshelf directory names are not readable (white text on white background).
pe1dnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #34
+Kardboard+
+Kardboard+ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe1dnn View Post
Except for the mentioned dialog. I have the same problem. Its all back on white on the main screen. But when I go to add button, select "Internal command" and on the next line press >> to look for the command only the icons are readable, not the text.

I change the colours via menu-->configuration-->font type and colour. Foreground is completely black and background white. If I reverse the colours the mentioned dialog stays the same, these settings do not affect this list apparently.

I have a similar problem in Perfect Viewer, the bookshelf directory names are not readable (white text on white background).
Same. Lots of default dialogues pop up as black on black and are completely unreadable.
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #35
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

There is very good forum for Total Commander support. It would be really nice if somebody go there and explain to program author what is happening. I am sure he will listen - since even in Android programs you are supposed to use theme colors and not to set colors of your dialogs in the code directly Or if he does - ask him what theme and color he is using, so I could try to tweak our Android framework colors a bit more...

I am not going to change color scheme back to ugly black and I am not going to hack a free application, not until we talk to the author anyway...

Last edited by rupor; 06-19-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #36
hansmeyer
hansmeyer began at the beginning.

Smile Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
It is not normal - at all. Scan ("Loading" on the notification bar) should start automatically. Sometimes with a delay - but without restarts.

See if temporary replacing your SD card with a different one (and formatted on the device) would help...

I found out it is working if i deactivate debugging mode.
Thanks for the help.
hansmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #37
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Remap keys

After installing Rupor's root package, I tried modifying /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl

key 106 VOLUME_DOWN
key 105 VOLUME_UP

Nothing happens, the volume keys are not remapped. Also, the menu button doesn't work anymore. (This works fine under Boroda's root package.)

I was able to restore the original gpio-keys.kl file, which restored the earlier state.

Is there a way to remap keys under Rupor's root package?

UPDATE:

Total Commander, when copying the modified gpio-keys.kl file, set weird permissions that didn't allow anyone to read the file, including root. It's no wonder Android wasn't able to remap the keys. You need to set the permissions for the new file -rw-r--r-- like the old one.
Attached Files
File Type: txt gpio-keys.kl.txt (202 Bytes, 384 views)

Last edited by darseno; 06-25-2012 at 07:46 AM.
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Rupor's home screen

When you hit the Home button, is there a way to have "page 3" show up first? How do I use another launcher than Sony's?

If Rupor is reading, it would also be nice to have some improvements on Sony's standby settings, namely the ability to turn off standby, change the timeout delay, and use "current page" as the type of image, and an option to make the screen refresh when you come out of standby (for clearer text).

Last edited by darseno; 06-25-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Added a suggestion for standby settings
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #39
9033 began at the beginning.

Device: 600, 650 and T1
Dear Rupor,

On day 1 I received the T1, I dislike it as compared with 650 which I alreade owned in every aspects. And in fact, Sony should not put up for sale such an second grade "Android" device and that cannot read Chinese.

Having learnt your AMR package, I have a few days ago rooted the T1 and installed it with Tencent's "QQ Reader" (qqreader_2.2.5.0168_android_apk (2.72 MB in size)). It works and the T1 can now be used to read Chinese ePubs, despite the search function from within the reader does not work as Chinese characters can not be generated and inputted. Do not ask me anything technical, I am totally a layman in this area.

So, Rupor, please let me say to you in here - THANK YOU SO MUCH.
9033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #40
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
This is a great root! Thanks!

I used a previous root and FBReader and CR did not work well with TTS. Also, there were some other bugs.

I reversed it and installed this one and it is a lot better and more stable.

With EBookDownloader, it shows up as an option when I try to open an EPUB. I have CR and FBReaderJ installed. I remember there are some other functions where EBookDownloader shows up as a option.

Is there a way to make this go away.
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #41
rupor
meat popsicle

@jmseight
Uninstall it - it is a simple application.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #42
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Just to confirm, I can safely uninstall EBookDownloader, correct?
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #43
rupor
meat popsicle

Yes, just go to System Settings->Application management....
Old 07-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #44
jarsto
jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Rooted with these packages a few days back. Just wanted to say thanks for making them.

The ability to install a few more apps is great. But even beyond the extra apps I've regularly been going 'why didn't Sony do that in the first place'. I finally have the ability to browse by directory through the Internal Memory collection. And I can finally see the time & battery in the reader itself (at least the way they were when I last turned the page).

So once again thanks for all the hard work and for putting these packages together.
jarsto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #45
simongee
T1 rooter
simongee doesn't littersimongee doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hey rupor,
after your 20120517 version of the package, are u still planning on updating it?
Not that it isnt the greatest rooting package available for the T1, but are there plans?

Personally the one thing that is missing for me, is added .mobi support in the homescreen.
I have lots of .mobi books and converting them to .epub using calibre often makes a mess out of them.
So only thing now possible is to use the Kindle-App and store them in the kindle folder. It would be so great if they could be integrated in my collections and show up on the homescreen.
simongee is offline   Reply With Quote