Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #1
drogo
Connoisseur
drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
Trying to convert html to lrf in BD

I'm trying to use Book Designer to convert an HTML web site I downloaded to an LRF. HTML2LRF works pretty well, but there are a bunch of tables in the site that seem to be causing some issues. When I try to use BD, it only converts the first page, which is the TOC. All the subsequent pages get ignored, and I get errors about the links being empty. Same thing when using libprs500 and converting it there.

Any tips/ideas on what to do to get BD to recognize the other pages?

Thanks!
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:17 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What's the URL for the site so I can have a go. I'll give html2lrf a try.

Book Designer does not (at present) support tables. So html2lrf is your best bet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Maybe vvv, Jon, or Harry have some ideas; but, I have always lost all HTML tables (and RTF tables) that are imported to BD. You can create a table manually within BD.

As for the links, BD does not load anything that is not in the file. The only exception that I know of is graphics from another place on your hard drive. All links must be to a location within the same file.

I hope this helps.

Jon posted while I was typing this.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
drogo
Connoisseur
drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
Ahh, ok. That explains a lot.

The site is www.av8n.com/how, but I used wget to download a local copy. When I was using my PDA with a browser it worked fine, but now I think I might need to figure something else out. It looks good and the links work in Word, so I might start from there to try and make it into a single page. Actually, I'll talk to one of our web designers here at work about it also. See what he thinks.

Thanks again!
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #5
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Maybe vvv, Jon, or Harry have some ideas; but, I have always lost all HTML tables (and RTF tables) that are imported to BD.
Is "Settings -> input file settings -> convert tables to html" checked?
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogo View Post
Any tips/ideas on what to do to get BD to recognize the other pages?
Download all the pages, then try to use "Tools -> Join books"
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote