Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #16
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... Paranoia is sometimes justified, especially for those of us who lived through the era when legitimate URLs were often hijacked in the mid-1990s ...

I have been on the "Net quite a bit longer than that, and have NEVER had a personal system "hijacked" or "infiltrated" by any such nonsense.

But it is apparent "Clint's world" is a bit different than what others here have experienced.
I seriously doubt that! Otherwise you would have remembered that hijacking of URLs was so bad and rampant that Congress stepped in and passed federal laws to stop it. If you never encountered a hijacked URL in the early to mid-1990s, then you were probably not on the internet during that period.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #17
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... f you never encountered a hijacked URL in the early to mid-1990s, then you were probably not on the internet during that period ...

I have been on the 'Net continuously for three decades, Jack.

Clint, K6LCS
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
OK folks - let's get this thread back onto subject - the review of the K3. Any further conversations on other topics should be moved to PMs. OK?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #19
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Thanks for the link, Juliette. It was a well-written review, I thought.

The first thing I noticed when going back to a paper book from my K2 was that I couldn't look up new words as easily as I could on my K2. I use the joystick nub a LOT, so it is a shame to note that the directional pad is too close to the Home and Back buttons.

I'm going to wait for the K4, but I will be jealous of the increased contrast.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #20
notatoad
Enthusiast
notatoad began at the beginning.

Device: Graphite Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired
Capacity: 1 GB to 4 GB
Screen Size: 4.1 in to 6.0 in
what?
notatoad is offline   Reply With Quote