Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-24-2022, 07:12 AM   #16
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Your title caught my eye: Mobiledread. []

If this is in error, you may wish to contact an Active Moderator for a correction.

If the title is correct, then please ignore my post.
Option C, a Freudian slip?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:30 AM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Option C, a Freudian slip?
You don't want to hear my Option D.

But we'll leave it to the OP, although searching - whenever, or if, that action takes place - may (or may not) be compromised in some small way.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:06 AM   #18
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
If you want to see what books others have added to a particular prompt, just click through on an individual prompt.

As for the typo in the thread title (I REALLY need new glasses), issy can fix it if she feels so inclined
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:11 AM   #19
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
If you want to see what books others have added to a particular prompt, just click through on an individual prompt.

As for the typo in the thread title (I REALLY need new glasses), issy can fix it if she feels so inclined
I did laugh when I first saw it, so left it alone. Will do now.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:20 PM   #20
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I'm all slotted in, except for the last. It was fun going through my collection and finding angles that made sense (to me). Thanks for setting it up, @astrangerhere.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #21
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I'm interested in the challenge; my SG username is the same as here, loosheesh.

I'm not interested in managing my books at SG (Calibre works fine for me), so for now I'll only add the books I chose for the prompts. Can we do both the main prompt and the alternative if we want to?
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 03:56 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've added 3 books so far.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 04:45 PM   #23
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm interested in the challenge; my SG username is the same as here, loosheesh.

I'm not interested in managing my books at SG (Calibre works fine for me), so for now I'll only add the books I chose for the prompts. Can we do both the main prompt and the alternative if we want to?
Do whatever you want! Ive added 2-3 books for each just to give myself options.
Old 11-24-2022, 05:23 PM   #24
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Do whatever you want! Ive added 2-3 books for each just to give myself options.
Great! I've already chosen for all but one of the prompts. I tried to pull the books from what I call my Main TBR (which includes paid ebooks and unread print books) but I had to reach out to my regular TBR (freebies) and Logos library for a few of them. But, after all this, I reserve the right to reshuffle if later I find more suitable options
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:23 PM   #25
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Given our gracious host's occupation , is it possible that the name of this challenge is a dastardly legal trick? We might THINK we're signing up for a tbr REDUCTION challenge, then look at others's prompt selections and think "oooh, aaah, interesting" and come away with a massively BIGGER tbr?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 05:39 AM   #26
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Given our gracious host's occupation , is it possible that the name of this challenge is a dastardly legal trick? We might THINK we're signing up for a tbr REDUCTION challenge, then look at others's prompt selections and think "oooh, aaah, interesting" and come away with a massively BIGGER tbr?
I'm not that kind of lawyer
Old 11-27-2022, 03:32 AM   #27
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Boy. StoryGraph is still pretty primitive. I was lucky to find half the books I was looking for. But your idea sounds fun.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 11-27-2022 at 02:03 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:50 AM   #28
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

A few days before January 1, I will open a thread that has a list of everyone's book contributions. It will be a place to pitch buddy reads and generally discuss how the challenge is going.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:09 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've finished adding books to the list. It took a while to do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:56 AM   #30
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
A few days before January 1, I will open a thread that has a list of everyone's book contributions. It will be a place to pitch buddy reads and generally discuss how the challenge is going.
For those here that are participating-
  • Would you like a thread for just the first/January challenge OR
  • A master post of all the books from all challenges for discussion and networking purposes?