Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
BAD18
Enthusiast
BAD18 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Touch; Samsung Galaxy Tab
how to change a Calibre column

I'm a long time Calibre user and have a question on how to change one of my Columns.

I have a column that says "Size MP". I want to change it to say "Yes/no. This will let me know if I have read the book.

I used to have it but I lost it! Thanks.

BAD18
California
BAD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD18 View Post
I'm a long time Calibre user and have a question on how to change one of my Columns.

I have a column that says "Size MP". I want to change it to say "Yes/no. This will let me know if I have read the book.

I used to have it but I lost it! Thanks.

BAD18
California
Your missing column is probably just hidden. Right-click on the column headings area and select 'show column' and your missing column will probably be listed in that submenu.

You can hide columns by just clicking on the particular column heading and selecting "Hide column <column name>" which is the first item. I suspect you accidentally selected this for your yes/no Read column.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
BAD18
Enthusiast
BAD18 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Touch; Samsung Galaxy Tab
change column name to Yes/No

Pdurrant

I want to make my Calibre column from Published to "Yes/No". Pdurrant I was able to clear the Published name off but I don't know how to add "Yes/No" so I'll know if I've read the selected book.

Thanks, BAD18
BAD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 02:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Pdurrant

I want to make my Calibre column from Published to "Yes/No". Pdurrant I was able to clear the Published name off but I don't know how to add "Yes/No" so I'll know if I've read the selected book.

Thanks, BAD18
You can't change any standard column type:
You can only rename the Visible name
Just Add a Yes/No column if that is what you need
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 02:22 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
As theducks says, you can't change existing columns, but you can certainly add a column. If you haven't already added such a column, then just add it.

calibre/Preferences/Change calibre behavior/Add your own columns/Add custom Column

Set the Column type to "Yes/No" and add your preferred name for the column.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2021, 07:43 PM   #6
Joliet Jake
Zealot
Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You can only rename the Visible name
I can't find how to do that. Any pointers?
Joliet Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:05 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliet Jake View Post
I can't find how to do that. Any pointers?
Preferences:Add you own columns: <<it does other thing also

You can only change Custom column names by selecting the row, then click the edit icon (has a pen). To change a type, you need to create a NEW column (and delete the old after transferring data using Bulk Metadata edit:S&R)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #8
Joliet Jake
Zealot
Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preferences:Add you own columns: <<it does other thing also

You can only change Custom column names by selecting the row, then click the edit icon (has a pen). To change a type, you need to create a NEW column (and delete the old after transferring data using Bulk Metadata edit:S&R)
I didn't think anyone would respond to such an old thread.

Thanks. I only needed to change the column name, and it worked!
Joliet Jake is offline   Reply With Quote