Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-13-2020, 07:19 PM   #31
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Do try librera.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:28 AM   #32
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Do try librera.
I just tried it on my really old android and it looks very promising. It does everything except page forward from the left column. It says it does, and I set the switch, but it doesn't work - I suspect that is the fault of my old android system. Have you tried that and does it work? Many thanks for the suggestion!
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2020, 06:13 PM   #33
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I seemed to have no problems making a tap on left side page forward.

I went to settings / advanced settings, then on the line "tap zones (edges)" clicked on "Configure" and finally selected that "Left" and "Right" do "Next" and "Previous" respectively. Finally click "Apply".

This is using Librera Pro 8.3.100
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:30 PM   #34
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I seemed to have no problems making a tap on left side page forward.

I went to settings / advanced settings, then on the line "tap zones (edges)" clicked on "Configure" and finally selected that "Left" and "Right" do "Next" and "Previous" respectively. Finally click "Apply".

This is using Librera Pro 8.3.100
Thanks, remember I'm using a very old android and software to check it out. Good to know it works. I see the folders and favorites, is there a place I can create collections? I think I asked this in another forum, but haven't gotten an answer.

Never mind, I got the answer, thanks for your help.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:43 AM   #35
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I tried Librera last night.
Xodo does PDFs and images, so better for technical stuff. Librera launches Xodo if I browse to an image in the tech info folders. Xodo manages scanned PDFs better (datasheets and ancient magazines).

Lithium does epub better. Aldiko does epub better.

By default loads EVERYTHING into one giant library. The Technical stuff is HUGE, PDFs, Images and Saved Web pages. It's organised by directories: Books, Equipment, Components, Magazines. Then sub-levels of that. Xodo works better for that, though you can ignore the Librera Library view and use the Folder (directory) view. Network Tab is bookmarks of Internet sites, not what Network means on everything else (i.e. connecting to stuff on my LAN).

Obnoxious huge adverts.

On the plus side it was fast scanning the directories on the 256 G byte micro SD card and is fast.

Also huge range of formats, but oddly not actual images, though shows a preview.

So complementary to Xodo and Lithium rather than a replacement. I'd not try it on my phone as the 10" tablet wasn't quite big enough though perfectly usable.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2020, 12:12 PM   #36
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
I've been using Readera for epub on my Android tablet lately. I like it quite a bit. No ads, very simple ereader, with nice options for fonts and customization. Not too many bells and whistles (Moon+reader has too much customization for me, I'd rather just get a few and move on with reading).
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:13 PM   #37
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Librera is pretty cool. It is available of F-Droid without adds and without the network permissions. So win-win.

Readera is quite cool too. It has the best library interface IMHO. it's using stolen code, though (Coolreader, MuPDF and djvulibre through a binary called thornyreader, which doesn't abide with sw licenses).
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote