Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #76
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Harry, it might be worth renaming the thread title to something like "ePub Book Requests - Public Domain only, No Copyrighted Books".

It wont stop everyone, but it might make them think before putting in a request for a book.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #77
goldshirt9
Nameless Being

mmmmmm who said free, i would pay for it .
as stated i am new at the ebook scene and know limited places to search for.
At the moment i purchase from kobo direct as that's all i know how to do.

I have read requests here for lots of books that people have posted a link to purchase the said books.

You jumped to the wrong assumption
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #78
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldshirt9 View Post
You jumped to the wrong assumption
No, I didn't jump to any conclusion. The purpose of this thread is to request eBooks for the ePub section of the MobileRead library. That's why it's in the library forum.

If you want to ask where you can buy an eBook, the best place to ask for it is the "Deals, Freebies, and Resources" forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #79
goldshirt9
Nameless Being

then i apologies for the comment about assumption, but when i did a search this thread turned up.

I will now search the section you recommend.
will delete previous post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #80
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It would sure be nice if we had Harvard Classics Available at MobileRead available in ePub format. Many readers cannot read the versions we have now.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #81
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It would sure be nice if we had Harvard Classics Available at MobileRead available in ePub format. Many readers cannot read the versions we have now.
That's a lot of hard work.

I'd love to have a go but I'm struggling to find the time to get Jack London done.

Hopefully someone here can pick it up.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just noticed, the title for this thread is incorrect now. It mentions noting about Creative Commons or out of copyright.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #83
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just noticed, the title for this thread is incorrect now. It mentions noting about Creative Commons or out of copyright.
(The current title is "ePub Book Requests (Public Domain books ONLY!)")

Public domain includes out of copyright. About Creative Commons you are right, they could be requested and uploaded, but the longer the title the less attention will be paid to it. It could also be argued that it does not say where the books should be public domain.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #84
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
This isn't a request for a particular book but a way to find 'em. Is it possible to add another prefix for language?
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #85
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
This isn't a request for a particular book but a way to find 'em. Is it possible to add another prefix for language?
It the eBook is not English then the title has the language in it and this can be searched. Finding English among other languages is a bit more difficult. I personally think a better solution is to have language sub-forum and all the books for that language would be inside that.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #86
julia103
Connoisseur
julia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm looking for the play "Richard of Bordeaux" by Gordon Daviot. This is a pen name for Elizabeth Mackintosh who also used the name Josephine Tey. All the Tey books have been uploaded to Mobileread, so I'm assuming the Daviot titles would also be out of copyright.
julia103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #87
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia103 View Post
I'm looking for the play "Richard of Bordeaux" by Gordon Daviot. This is a pen name for Elizabeth Mackintosh who also used the name Josephine Tey. All the Tey books have been uploaded to Mobileread, so I'm assuming the Daviot titles would also be out of copyright.
Josephine Tey's books are NOT out of copyright in the United States, only in countries with a "Life+50" copyright law. You would be breaking the law by downloading any of her works in the US as equally as downloading any pirated book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #88
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It the eBook is not English then the title has the language in it and this can be searched. Finding English among other languages is a bit more difficult. I personally think a better solution is to have language sub-forum and all the books for that language would be inside that.

Dale
Thanks. Though there seems to be no way to bookmark the search.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #89
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
if somebody could do an omnibus of dh Lawrence, or Joseph Conrad or Ernest Hemingway, that would be amazing! It's not request, it's only a wish. If it's not realistic, so ignore it.
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #90
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
May I ask, whether the books of Philip Dick are already on the public domain?
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote