Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #61
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Hi Dave@Kobo, I have a couple of Literati questions. Does it charge from the computer via USB or only with the wall charger?

Also do you know anything about the cover that has a battery in it? I found one today and picked it up to get some extra battery life, it says on the box there's an included USB charger but there wasn't one in the box. Do you know if that was a wall charger? I have a Motorola charger for an old cell phone and wondered if that would work.

One more - is it possible to send books from "I'm Reading" back to "Library"?

Thanks!

Last edited by Meemo; 02-12-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #62
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@Kobo View Post
Hi curtw,

I'm sorry to say but this feature is not implemented.

-Dave
Thanks for the response! It's a shame, because when you have a pdf version of a magazine based on the print version (unlike html), you can be on page 18, and come across "continued on page 128." Sure would be nice to skip ahead.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #63
tamarw
tamarw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle and literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
make sure that your literati is on before connecting it via usb. in my opinion, the device is the pits at rendering PDFs.
thank you so much sheri!! you saved me, i have been trying to connect my new literati to my pc for days and kep getting error msgs!!
tamarw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #64
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Also do you know anything about the cover that has a battery in it? I found one today and picked it up to get some extra battery life
May I ask where you found that cover? I have looked all over the internet for an alternative cover but no luck. And one with an extra battery would be great! So far I absolutely love my Literati and have worked out all the kinks, but it would be great to have longer battery life.

Mine does not charge via USB, only wall outlet. Since there is no indicator light to tell when it's fully charged, does anyone know how long it should take and if this type of battery can be damaged by over charging?
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #65
glindaharrison
eBook Evangelist
glindaharrison began at the beginning.

Device: Kindles 1,3 & 4 wSO, Literati, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Nook Classic
wvcherrybomb, I just got one of the covers online at Bed Bath and Beyond's website. I ordered it with my on sale Literati. Even though the eReaders were sold out, they still had some of the leather battery charging covers last time I looked.

However, a warning! Both the battery charging cover and the one that came with the Literati have an awful smell to them! I have been alternately dousing mine in Febreze and Calvin Clein Euphoria perfume to try to get rid of the smell. (My office, however, smells nice!)

If you search for Literati cover on Amazon, they also had the leather charging cover. There is also a zippered case by Crown that is supposed to fit the Literati. I just ordered one yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
May I ask where you found that cover? I have looked all over the internet for an alternative cover but no luck. And one with an extra battery would be great! So far I absolutely love my Literati and have worked out all the kinks, but it would be great to have longer battery life.

Mine does not charge via USB, only wall outlet. Since there is no indicator light to tell when it's fully charged, does anyone know how long it should take and if this type of battery can be damaged by over charging?
glindaharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #66
Rook008
Rook008 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook
"Add network"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@Kobo View Post
What do you want to achieve?

I was replying to someone who said they "lost" that option on their Literati, but I didn't quote them, so my post may have been a little unclear. Sorry about that.

As long as my Router is broadcasting it's SSID, the Literati finds the network without issue.
Actually, right now, I'm not having any problems with my Literati, after playing with it for a few days.

It would be nice to be able to skip to a certain page, as mentioned earlier, though.
Rook008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #67
Rook008
Rook008 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook
Quote:
One more - is it possible to send books from "I'm Reading" back to "Library"?

Thanks!
When I want to do that, I usually just choose the last chapter and then page through until the end of the book. It gets marked as "finished" and gets removed from the "I'm Reading" section.
Rook008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #68
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glindaharrison View Post
wvcherrybomb, I just got one of the covers online at Bed Bath and Beyond's website.

If you search for Literati cover on Amazon, they also had the leather charging cover. There is also a zippered case by Crown that is supposed to fit the Literati. I just ordered one yesterday.
Thanks. I just checked the BB&B website and they are no longer available.

I searched Amazon and didn't see that. I am going to look again.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #69
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post

I found it at a Bed Bath & Beyond, they used to have it on their website but it isn't there anymore. I did a search and I can see it at some of the stores (whether it's really there I don't know) and the price is way more than what I paid - I paid $9.99, marked down from $49.99. Whether it'll actually work is another question altogether, and I sure wish it came with some kind of directions.
http://atlantaga.zip2save.com/produc...oduct-10984422

I'm guessing since it says to charge it for 6 hours when you get it, that's a safe amount of time to charge it - I do wish it had an indicator to tell you when it's done charging. My battery indicator seems to be stuck at about 25% no matter how I charge it. Not sure what that's about. I'll just keep charging it every 3 days or so, I guess.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #70
drnvs
drnvs is on a distinguished road

Device: ebookwise, Kindle 2, Liberati
Exclamation PC does not recognize device

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnvs View Post
I still have one major problem with my Literati. I have reset it several times, I have done the factory resetting a number of times, I have changed the USB cables and yet my laptop would not recognize my device. Right now I transfer my books to a SD card and am able to read them on the device. But strangely though, every time the Literati is switched off and then on, one of the books on the SD card disappears on the book shelf! Has this happened to anyone? Nothing serious, though as the book is still on the SD card. Any comments and help on the first problem will be appreciated.
I notice my message has got drowned in the pool of other messages. I would appreciate an answer for my main problem. How do I get my device recognized by my laptop?
drnvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #71
Meemo
Groupie

Quote:
I found it at a Bed Bath & Beyond, they used to have it on their website but it isn't there anymore. I did a search and I can see it at some of the stores (whether it's really there I don't know) and the price is way more than what I paid - I paid $9.99, marked down from $49.99. Whether it'll actually work is another question altogether, and I sure wish it came with some kind of directions.
http://atlantaga.zip2save.com/produc...oduct-10984422
I should've added that the store where I found mine was the Pensacola FL store, they probably had 8 or 10 in the store.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #72
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I notice my message has got drowned in the pool of other messages. I would appreciate an answer for my main problem. How do I get my device recognized by my laptop?
Please supply more specifics--what OS are you running? Do any messages at all appear when you plug in the device? If so, what are they?

Also, as others have mentioned, please make sure the Literati is turned ON when you plug in the USB cable. As an extra precaution, I would also have the power port plugged into the wall socket, so that there's no risk of running the battery too low.

Please help us help you
Old 02-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #73
drnvs

Thanks for the quick response. My laptop works on Windows 7 ( 64 bits ). I did connect my Liberati via the USB cable after switching it on. Even then the following message appears' USB device not recognized' However the device itself shows the following message-" Remember to eject your ereader from your computer before unplugging the usb cable" I have sent a couple of messages to Literati support and these have not been answered. I would appreciate any help.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #74
curtw
Outside of a dog

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. My laptop works on Windows 7 ( 64 bits ). I did connect my Liberati via the USB cable after switching it on. Even then the following message appears' USB device not recognized' However the device itself shows the following message-" Remember to eject your ereader from your computer before unplugging the usb cable" I have sent a couple of messages to Literati support and these have not been answered. I would appreciate any help.
This sounds like you still have cable issues. I can't remember if it was here or on Literatidevs, but the strong recommendation is to use one with a "choke" or ferrite bead close to the downstream (Literati) end. Based on all of the cable issues out there, I'd suppose that this hardware is highly susceptible to RF interference, so also try to move it as far away from all other emitters as possible (your laptop is going to have both the CPU and the display in fairly close proximity).

Sorry that I can't offer more.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #75
drnvs

Thank you very much. Fortunately, my charging cable came with a ferrite bead and this has helped. Thanks again for your expert advice.