Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-24-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Exclamation Note and Max 2: Firmware updates, news and accesories.

Hello, could be possible to make this thread sticky so people can write news and firmware updates in one thread about our device?

Current firmware: 1.9.1_575ba83

Last edited by citytrader; 09-15-2018 at 10:16 AM.
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #2
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
How to update to 1.9.1? It is available for Chinese UI but I have English UI. Please advise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
How to update to 1.9.1? It is available for Chinese UI but I have English UI. Please advise.

My advice is that you're better off waiting for 1.9.1 to be available for English UI (in other words, on Onyx International).

However, if you really, really, want 1.9.1 now, I know of one way. Go to Settings and change your language to Chinese, check for the OTA update, download, and install.

WARNING!!! Unless you can read Chinese, do not do this unless you are sure that you can find at least two options in Settings without being able to read the language: specifically, where to search for the OTA update and where to change the language back to English! Otherwise, you will be the proud owner of a device that is now unusable to you. Not good!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #4
citytrader
Connoisseur
citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!citytrader is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: BOOX Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post

As downeaster59 wrote, once you change to chinese and click update, leave the note more and less 10 min, seems nothing is happening but it will update.

I have the english version and I've ever updated changing to chinese without issues, from my experience is better to update before the international version is released, this release seems they did a better work with the battery...
citytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:52 AM   #5
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
1.9.1 0831 in Chinese released: bugs fix for 1.9.1 0821

If this version is stable, will push globally soon.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
MadAstra
Enthusiast
MadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipseMadAstra can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Oasis, Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post

Do you happen to have a link handy for which bugs were fixed? Thanks!
MadAstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:24 AM   #7
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post

Hi Cqman. just a couple of questions:

1-have you maybe tested if in the last firmware it will be possible to encrypt the device?

2-do you know if it's possibile to show up the FloatingF5 icon always in the same position? It usually appears in the middle and I have to move it manually in bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:43 AM   #8
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
Hi Cqman. just a couple of questions:

1-have you maybe tested if in the last firmware it will be possible to encrypt the device?

2-do you know if it's possibile to show up the FloatingF5 icon always in the same position? It usually appears in the middle and I have to move it manually in bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
1. Yes
2. I've no idea

Release notes for 1.9.1
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=48
Old 09-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #9
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
My Note updated OTA to 1.9.1 this morning. Screen lock works. I haven't had a chance to check out other changes yet!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:33 AM   #10
cqman
Groupie

Neo reader 2.0 update 0905(6): bugs fix for system 1.9.1 0831

----------------------------------------

OFF TOPIC

Quote:
Today (20180910 internal usergroup test), we will first update the firmware upgrade packages for the three models Max carta, N96, Max, and other models will be released one after another. (Because of the cross-version upgrade, please make a data backup in advance before upgrading)

Upgrades include Max Carta, Max, N96, N96ML, N96c, M96, I86, T76/T68, Kepler, and C67.

Translated by Google
Last edited by cqman; 09-10-2018 at 11:34.

Max Carta, Max 1.9.1 final version released

Quote:
NeoReader2.0:

Optimize the opening speed of documents such as epub\txt;

Optimize the TTS playback recognition effect;

Optimize the recognition rate of word retrieval queries;

Directly support PNG and other image formats to read;

Increase the contrast global setting;

Max series electromagnetic screen models, adding a side note function, support all documents to add a side note;

notes:
Max series electromagnetic screen models are upgraded to the new version of Knote (Android version does not support exporting to PDF and third-party synchronization);
Fix issues related to the loss of note content;
Increase the automatic save function when the note exits or is abnormal;

system:

Update Chinese input method;

Fix the abnormal problem caused by the expiration of the push account login;

Cancel Application - Image and Settings app (Android native settings most features are not supported, not shown here);

The reason for the Android version is that the google play store is no longer supported;

Application-reading statistics are no longer supported due to privacy protocol issues;
Last edited by cqman; 09-18-2018 at 20:33.

N96、N96ML 、N96 Carta+ 1.9.1 final version in Chinese released

Quote:
Tips:

1. There are many updates, please understand the upgrade content and make necessary backups before upgrading!

2. Make sure that the device has sufficient memory space.

pay attention:
Capacitive touch and infrared touch models no longer support handwriting related functions in reading. The original PDF has been handwritten and commented, and no longer supports adding new handwriting;

Capacitive touch and infrared touch models do not support the new version of the note application, retaining the old note application;

1.9.1 The data structure has changed. After upgrading, it cannot be downgraded, otherwise the reader will not be able to open;

Upgrade content

NeoReader2.0:

Optimize the opening speed of documents such as epub\txt;

Optimize the TTS playback recognition effect;

Optimize the recognition rate of word retrieval queries;

Directly support PNG and other image formats to read;

Increase the contrast global setting;

N96 electromagnetic screen model, adding a side note function, support all documents to add a side note;

notes:
N96 electromagnetic screen model upgrade to the new version of Knote (Android version does not support exporting to PDF and third-party synchronization);
Fix issues related to the loss of note content;
Increase the automatic save function when the note exits or is abnormal;

system:

Update Chinese input method;

Fix the abnormal problem caused by the expiration of the push account login;

Cancel Application - Image and Settings app (Android native settings most features are not supported, not shown here);

The reason for the Android version is that the google play store is no longer supported;

Application-reading statistics are no longer supported due to privacy protocol issues;

Last edited by cqman; 09-20-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #11
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
still waiting for that 2 pages with columns for epubs and 2 pages landscape on pdf.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:33 AM   #12
redson
redson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheese

Device: Booken, Kobo Glo HD, Oasis2 e T80S
Guys, it's a help. Sorry for the question, but where exactly is the root folder? I want to update and read that I should leave the firmware in the root folder. Do I need to unpack? Please explain me in detail, I know little about computer science.
redson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #13
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by redson View Post
Guys, it's a help. Sorry for the question, but where exactly is the root folder? I want to update and read that I should leave the firmware in the root folder. Do I need to unpack? Please explain me in detail, I know little about computer science.
In this case, for "root" folder, the directory from where other directories branch but which is not a branch of another directory, is meant that which will be accessible from your desktop as you connect the device.
It is not the absolute root of the whole filesystem: it is the root of the "shared" directories in the filesystem - what the user is supposed to write on.
Connect the device, locate an icon for it, open it: that is the folder you are looking for. It will contain, I believe, an 'Android' directory and many other.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #14
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Hi.
I found flip PU leather case for Max Series on Ereader.store. May be someone already bought it and can share experience?
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #15
shinynickler
shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Any way to install old firmware or new one again?

Rooted with kingroot with success then tried supersume, got error messages, and now my Note reported as rooted but no root access. Tried to reinstall kingroot but not doesn't recognize device as rootable. Tried Supersu and Supersume to no avail. Tried to factory reset but factory resent doesn't affect bootloader, and wasn't able to gain access to bootloader in order to reinstall last firmware, which is rejected by device if I try to install from device itself.
shinynickler is offline   Reply With Quote