Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-20-2018, 03:40 AM   #1141
adamone
adamone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 32gb 8gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Open fresh console and provide output of kindlegen -locale en -version command.
Sorry but I did not understand your advice, can you show me via screenshot or give me more details. I do not master the functions on terminal.

thank you
adamone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:42 AM   #1142
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Just open console and paste command: kindlegen -locale en -version

And show here output.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #1143
adamone

Here is the screenshot

Old 03-21-2018, 02:15 AM   #1144
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is still not installed properly. Try: brew link kindlegen and rerun previous command.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:51 AM   #1145
adamone

Not always nothing, I really do not understand what's going on. I am condemned not to be able to use KCC?
Old 03-27-2018, 05:44 PM   #1146
neona
neona began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I've been having some difficulty converting certain mangas, and can't get to the bottom of it. Originally, I'd just try converting as folders and was getting a "Failed to prepare a workspace" error. I checked filename lengths and looked for handles with Process Explorer to no avail. I then decided to try tossing the files into a cbz on the off chance it'd magically fix it. It actually did for one, but I still have 5 others that refuse to convert. When I try doing the conversion as cbz, I get a dialog with a pile of "Cannot create a file when that file already exists" errors. Here's a picture -

Normally I can convert stuff just fine, and I have probably 40 successfully converted files at this point. So it's just a few that won't work.
neona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:56 AM   #1147
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

This is something new. Directory tree processing is failing for some reason.

Could you upload somewhere small CBZ file that crash this way and send me private message with link?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #1148
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@neona - Checked your sample. Inside the archive both chapter directories have a single space at end of the name.

And Windows don't support directories named that way.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #1149
neona
neona began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Ahh, thanks, I hadn't even thought to look at that! That explains why windows was behaving strangely with the files in general sometimes.

I'll have to come up with a process to remove those or figure out what in my workflow is creating them.
neona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:09 AM   #1150
adamone

Quote:
@neona - Checked your sample. Inside the archive both chapter directories have a single space at end of the name.

And Windows don't support directories named that way.
Thks you for your help : chinscratch:
Old 03-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #1151
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I still wait for output of brew link kindlegen command.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:27 AM   #1152
adamone

It's ok ?
I think i did not understand your request.
https://www.noelshack.com/2018-12-3-...a-00-16-40.png
Old 03-31-2018, 10:28 AM   #1153
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Show output of command: brew link kindlegen not kindlegen -locale en -version

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-31-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:28 AM   #1154
adamone

Quote:
Show output of command: brew link kindlegen not kindlegen -locale en -version

It's ok ? : o:cligner:
Old 04-03-2018, 09:16 AM   #1155
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

>>> brew link kindlegen <<<

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools