Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Can I use my own pictures as startup/shutdown logos?

I just got a 360+ yesterday. So far I've found it easy to figure out how to adjust most settings to my liking, but I simply cannot figure out how to change the startup and shutdown logos to my own images. Do I need to put my pictures in a particular directory? A special image format? This is not a huge problem, I just think it would be nice to have my own images.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I have an older PB360 not a newer PB360+. If it still works the same, it is necessary to put your personal images in a specific named directory in internal memory, namely [root:]\system\logo The images need to be in .bmp format and in greyscale (4BPP I think).

You change the image using the options Main menu - Settings - Appearance followed by Boot logo or Power-off logo

It this info is outdated then perhaps someone with a PB360+ will be along shortly with better info
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

I converted the images to monochrome bitmaps and put them in the \system\logo directory, but I got an "unsupported bitmap file format" error when I tried to select the image in Settings-Appearance. I do not know how to convert an image to have a specific number of bits per pixel. I'm not an image manipulation expert by any means, I normally use Pixia or Microsoft Paint.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast
Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
I converted the images to monochrome bitmaps and put them in the \system\logo directory, but I got an "unsupported bitmap file format" error when I tried to select the image in Settings-Appearance. I do not know how to convert an image to have a specific number of bits per pixel. I'm not an image manipulation expert by any means, I normally use Pixia or Microsoft Paint.
Would you be able to post one of the original images and also the ones you're wanting to use? I can try and convert them for you if you want.
Lester Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Fledchen
Guru

Aha! Found instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68131

Now I have lovely corvid silhouettes instead of advertising blurbs.
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
And now, a suggestion to render it half-moot:
One of the options for the startup screen is "lastpage". What it does is automatically screen cap the last page you were on if you shut down inside a book. Then, when you power up, it pops it up, letting you regain your bearings while the device is booting, loading the reader app, and opening the book. It is the next best thing to instant-on and helps you dramatically extend battery life compared to putting the reader to sleep.
Check it out; a lot of folks like it.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
sethdove
sethdove began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360+, Sony PRS-350
Last page as logo issue

I like this feature, but I find that unless I turned the reader off while on a page in a book, it doesn't actually work. If I turned it off while in a menu then the tree logo displays. Just an FYI.
sethdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethdove View Post
I like this feature, but I find that unless I turned the reader off while on a page in a book, it doesn't actually work. If I turned it off while in a menu then the tree logo displays. Just an FYI.
Of course, how will the device know which page to open when you are not reading a book.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
sethdove
sethdove began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360+, Sony PRS-350
The device is an ereader, so one is always reading a book. Seems obvious (to me) that it would choose whatever the last page was for whatever the last book I had open. Just because the last thing I did before turning it off was looking at the RSS feed or changing a font setting doesn't mean I am not currently reading a book. And the reason I mentioned this is that people first trying it out might think it wasn't working at all if they changed the setting and then shut down--without first going to a book to shut down.
sethdove is offline   Reply With Quote