Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #721
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You so got to read the series! It's unlike any other. It's not your ordinary Paranormal, it's more Sci-Fi or Urban Fantasy Romance. Check your Overdrive Library. All mine carry the titles.
You are so lucky. My overdrive library only had Kiss of Snow. And the 3M library has none. I was able to read Tangle of Need in hc and got the Wild Invitation anthology and two of the middle books in paperback from the library, but ended up buying them all in digital anyway (the paperback font was so small and it wouldn't adjust for me! ). Which is the main reason I am "forcing" myself to read them all before Tuesday (to justify the expense).

I am quite enjoying the series and it has been a long time since I have done a proper glom of one so I am not feeling burned out yet. Plus I've found even if the main couple/romance of a particular book isn't working for me, the subplots (such as the rebellion and Ghost) and appearences of the core characters still make each book worth reading.

I do admit I am reading the Ghost's scenes thinking he is a particular character, so if it turns out that is not the case I may have to reread those scenes again later too. I fully admit this influence comes from my friend in Germany I've discussed the series with through the years even though I wasn't reading it. Plus Jane at Dear Author's blog posts on the subject.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #722
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
You are so lucky. My overdrive library only had Kiss of Snow. And the 3M library has none. I was able to read Tangle of Need in hc and got the Wild Invitation anthology and two of the middle books in paperback from the library, but ended up buying them all in digital anyway (the paperback font was so small and it wouldn't adjust for me! ). Which is the main reason I am "forcing" myself to read them all before Tuesday (to justify the expense).

I am quite enjoying the series and it has been a long time since I have done a proper glom of one so I am not feeling burned out yet. Plus I've found even if the main couple/romance of a particular book isn't working for me, the subplots (such as the rebellion and Ghost) and appearences of the core characters still make each book worth reading.

I do admit I am reading the Ghost's scenes thinking he is a particular character, so if it turns out that is not the case I may have to reread those scenes again later too. I fully admit this influence comes from my friend in Germany I've discussed the series with through the years even though I wasn't reading it. Plus Jane at Dear Author's blog posts on the subject.
I'm one of the lucky ones as well; between Overdrive and 3M I can borrow the full series.

When does the Ghost storyline begin? I'm only up to book two; I'm now reading Nate's and Tamsyn's short story and I hope to start book 3 on Saturday.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #723
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I tried one of the Kobo contest codes just a while ago and it went through. I have a couple of 30% and 35% codes each if anyone is interested; please send me a PM if you want any.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #724
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
I am just happy to find something really amazing to read finally.
I haven't felt this excited since I started the Midnight Breed series.
I love the world building and you don't know what's going to happen so you just hang on for the ride.
I agree - there's more to this than "just another paranormal romance".

I have to admit, there are a few I only skim when doing re-reads. I'm not a fan of the overly b1tchy female lead, and there were 3-4 (although the first one was not as bad as the next two) that were fairly close together.

So far, my favorite books in the series are the ones that center on one character who's from the Psy race.

I finally read the Guild Hunters, too, and I agree they're just as good. I think she kind of switched from an "urban fantasy" focus to more a "paranormal romance" focus after the first few books - I had avoided them for awhile because I wasn't interested in started another never-ending UF series.

I also finally started reading Thea Harrison's series (and I'm drawing a blank at the moment what the series name is) that I think is as interesting as Singh's.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #725
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm one of the lucky ones as well; between Overdrive and 3M I can borrow the full series.

When does the Ghost storyline begin?
Book 3 Caressed by Ice (which I loved!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
So far, my favorite books in the series are the ones that center on one character who's from the Psy race.
Me too. So far Judd is my favorite character and Kaleb is very intriguing. Lucas is my favorite Changeling.

Need to get back to reading.

Last edited by library addict; 05-30-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: addition
Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #726
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yay! Everything Changes by Shey Stahl on for $.99 at Amazon. I've had this on my list since I read Waiting for You [gritty, not really a sunshine and bunnies book] but I loved it.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #727
G-ma
Enthusiast
G-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animalsG-ma is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle fire hd 7
Quote:

I have to admit, there are a few I only skim when doing re-reads. I'm not a fan of the overly b1tchy female lead, and there were 3-4 (although the first one was not as bad as the next two) that were fairly close together.

I finally read the Guild Hunters, too, and I agree they're just as good. I think she kind of switched from an "urban fantasy" focus to more a "paranormal romance" focus after the first few books - I had avoided them for awhile because I wasn't interested in started another never-ending UF series.

I also finally started reading Thea Harrison's series (and I'm drawing a blank at the moment what the series name is) that I think is as interesting as Singh's.
Thea Harrison series is called "The Elders" and several are out already. LOVE her characters.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #728
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Rock book girls, if any of you have seen or been recommended "How To Kill a Rock Star" by Tiffanie Debartolo and wondered if it was worth it, I'm reading it right now and giving it a resounding DEFINITELY! I used the 80% off coupon at Kobo to get it and I'm beyond thrilled. It's about music, [and the music business], Love, angst, frustration, and genuinely insightful thoughts on life and love, some humor and intelligently yet honestly written. It's just brilliant, IMO! Might be my favorite read of 2013 so far besides Thoughtless series [and this is edgier if you want to compare].
Old 05-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #729
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Yes, please
I can only think of three authors who currently write historical westerns. Lori Austin (Lori Handeland) Jo Goodman and Georgina Gentry, some of her westerns were my very first! I know Jodi thomas still puts one out every now and then. In category romance there is a couple more. Harlequin has never stopped letting westerns be published but they are like one a month. I would love to see the comeback of historical western romance.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Removed username from quote, as it is no longer in service.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #730
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Rock book girls, if any of you have seen or been recommended "How To Kill a Rock Star" by Tiffanie Debartolo and wondered if it was worth it, I'm reading it right now and giving it a resounding DEFINITELY! I used the 80% off coupon at Kobo to get it and I'm beyond thrilled. It's about music, [and the music business], Love, angst, frustration, and genuinely insightful thoughts on life and love, some humor and intelligently yet honestly written. It's just brilliant, IMO! Might be my favorite read of 2013 so far besides Thoughtless series [and this is edgier if you want to compare].
I'm in line for it at my local library. I accidentally read a spoiler for it. (I hate when I do that!) so hopefully I will forget before it comes my turn.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #731
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

I have that series too in Audible. I'm not too interested in the Guild series... that could change as I read more of her books. It makes me want to get back into the Midnight Breed series. I think I enjoy books that have a complex plot the most and these series definitely have them.

Are there any more out there like that?
Old 05-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #732
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
I've been reading over at DA that several believe that the return of Historical Westerns is coming. This is my most favorite time period next to Regency of course. What do you think? I would love to see more historical westerns released! I pretty much buy all the backlists I can find.
A western would be a nice change of pace. I haven't read a western since " A Heart So Wild" by Johanna Lindsey. And what a hero Chandos was.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #733
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
A western would be a nice change of pace. I haven't read a western since " A Heart So Wild" by Johanna Lindsey. And what a hero Chandos was.
Let's see the last westerns I read were Heidi Betts's Walker's Widow and Callie's Convict and Judith Stacy's Outlaw Love. Walker's Widow and Outlaw Love were pretty fun books.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #734
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
I can only think of three authors who currently write historical westerns. Lori Austin (Lori Handeland) Jo Goodman and Georgina Gentry, some of her westerns were my very first! I know Jodi thomas still puts one out every now and then. In category romance there is a couple more. Harlequin has never stopped letting westerns be published but they are like one a month. I would love to see the comeback of historical western romance.
Ditto. I just recently finished Jodi Thomas's Lone Texan and absolutely loved it. I would love to see more westerns come out.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #735
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Let's see the last westerns I read were Heidi Betts's Walker's Widow and Callie's Convict and Judith Stacy's Outlaw Love. Walker's Widow and Outlaw Love were pretty fun books.
I like the idea of fun westerns. I did listen to "Tin Angel" and thought it was fun. I can't tell you how many times the hero had to rescue the heroine.
Closed Thread