Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
pcmedic
Enthusiast
pcmedic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
My Book

I didn't want to post this until I had been here for a little while, but my western has been available for a while. Here is a link to my storefront. I am looking into ways to make it available in other formats besides PDF. I tried to make sure it was priced fair for the consumer in ebook format. This is about a small town western sheriff with a past, his only true friend, and a range war that is about to break out. If you do like it, please let me know. The sequel is currently in the works, and there will a total of three books in the series.

http://stores.lulu.com/dsayers

Moderators, if this is not the right area for this, or if this is not an acceptable type of post for the forum, please feel free to remove/move. Just let me know.

David S.
pcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Pcmedic - what's your experience been with Lulu thus far? I had been interested in them since they first started up...Jeremy Robinson has been one of my heroes since he had all of his success there.

I was excited for them in the begining, but lately they've been frightening me: "A thousand and one cooking recipes for sperm", "Lucifierian Witchraft Manuals", etc. etc.

Now that I know there's a Lulu author here, I may go ahead and purchase your book. The last two I were following were MG Belanger and Jeremy Robinson. Belanger seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, and Robinson is doing pretty well
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmedic View Post
I didn't want to post this until I had been here for a little while, but my western has been available for a while. Here is a link to my storefront. I am looking into ways to make it available in other formats besides PDF. I tried to make sure it was priced fair for the consumer in ebook format. This is about a small town western sheriff with a past, his only true friend, and a range war that is about to break out. If you do like it, please let me know. The sequel is currently in the works, and there will a total of three books in the series.

http://stores.lulu.com/dsayers

Moderators, if this is not the right area for this, or if this is not an acceptable type of post for the forum, please feel free to remove/move. Just let me know.

David S.
Hey there PCMEDIC, a belated welcome to Writer's Corner and hope you enjoy your stay

I've always been a fan of the westerns, bigger fan of Max Brand. I'll give this a look.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Pcmedic - what's your experience been with Lulu thus far? I had been interested in them since they first started up...Jeremy Robinson has been one of my heroes since he had all of his success there.

I was excited for them in the begining, but lately they've been frightening me: "A thousand and one cooking recipes for sperm", "Lucifierian Witchraft Manuals", etc. etc.

Now that I know there's a Lulu author here, I may go ahead and purchase your book. The last two I were following were MG Belanger and Jeremy Robinson. Belanger seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, and Robinson is doing pretty well
I hadn't heard of Robinson before, thanks for putting me on to him.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Robinson is pretty cool. Last I read, they were comparing him to the likes of Michael Crichton. But, we're hijacking medics thread =)
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
pcmedic
Enthusiast
pcmedic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Pcmedic - what's your experience been with Lulu thus far?
So far, I have been very pleased. Their support is excellent, the print product looks very professional looking, and they respond quickly to emails. One great addition they have in the print area is going forward, they now offer traditional paperback quality paper, which reduces the costs.

Thanks for the welcome, guys! If all goes well, I hope to have the second book ready in the next couple of months.

David S.
pcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote