Notices

Old 09-25-2018, 06:50 PM   #286
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@arooni: Did you delete the "kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre" file found at the root of your device first?
I did indeed..

calibre, version 3.30.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:unhashable type: 'list'

calibre 3.30 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Thu Jun 21 22:53:14 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.12
OSX: ('10.13.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 8, 0) && DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 8, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Prettify Cover 0.9.12 && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 21) && Goodreads (1, 1, 14) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && Annotations (1, 8, 0) && X-Ray Creator (3, 2, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 8, 0) && KFX Input (1, 8, 0) && Hyphenate This! (0, 0, 8) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 22, 0) && KFX Output (1, 22, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ui", line 173, in import_kindle_collections
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.import_collect ions", line 58, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 36, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 59, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 360, in load_kindle_books
TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'

Last edited by arooni; 09-25-2018 at 06:56 PM.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:56 AM   #287
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@arooni: Huh. I'm afraid that'll take a *full* debug log with a deleted "kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre" to figure out why this is slipping through the cracks...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2018, 08:13 AM   #288
wow400
wow400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quick question - is there any way of reading a collection from the Kindle (PW3 FWIW) and setting a read-only type flag within Calibre?
What I've been trying to do is flag up in Calibre when I've read a book on my kindle & subsequently added that book to a 'Read Book' collection on the Kindle.

I can then flag which books are in the Read Book collection of my Kindle into my (much bigger) collection in Calibre. This enables me to know which of the books in Calibre I've read & not to upload them to my device nor purchase them if I've read them before.

The only bug in the ointment is that when I have connected the kindle to Calibre, read the 'Read' collection and then subsequently deleted the books from my Kindle in the 'Read' collection (as there are now over a hundred) of course I lose the 'Read' flag in Calibre to say that I've done that book.

Does that make any sense to anyone at all??!!

Cheers for any enlightenment that can be given!
Kind regards,
Nic
wow400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #289
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released 1.7.22 for PW4 support .

You *may* want to launch the settings panel after updating in order to make sure your Kindle model is detected properly, because I had to tweak things a bit to make room for the PW4 .
Old 11-15-2018, 04:20 AM   #290
marrco
Enthusiast
marrco began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw4
Quote:

You *may* want to launch the settings panel after updating in order to make sure your Kindle model is detected properly, because I had to tweak things a bit to make room for the PW4 .
tested on pw4 w/ latest Librarian Sync and works like a charm.

thanks!
marrco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2018, 11:34 PM   #291
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:

How do I do this? I get "unknown Kindle device" when I try to use this plugin with my wife's PW 3
Old 11-26-2018, 12:33 AM   #292
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
How do I do this? I get "unknown Kindle device" when I try to use this plugin with my wife's PW 3
For PW3, it only works if jailbroken (which might be difficult if you've already upgraded).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:13 AM   #293
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
For PW3, it only works if jailbroken (which might be difficult if you've already upgraded).
Thanks. I'm saving up to buy her a Kobo Aura H2O2 like mine, so I won't bother jailbreaking her PW3. Collection management via Calibre is such a breeze with Kobos.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:14 AM   #294
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@stuartjmz/@ilovejedd: The model detection shouldn't care about the device being jailbroken, though .

@stuartjmz: On which OS is that happening, with which Calibre version, and which version of the plugin?

(And, on the off-chance I did something stupid, what's the S/N prefix of the device?)
Old 11-26-2018, 01:24 AM   #295
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
@stuartjmz/@ilovejedd: The model detection shouldn't care about the device being jailbroken, though .

@stuartjmz: On which OS is that happening, with which Calibre version, and which version of the plugin?

(And, on the off-chance I did something stupid, what's the S/N prefix of the device?)
Win 10 64 Pro, Calibre 64 3.34,
Kindle collections plugin 1.7.22
Device S/N G090 xxx
Old 11-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #296
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@stuartjmz: Thanks, I'll have to double-check if I haven't broken something on Windows, then... :}.

(This doesn't change the fact that, yeah, you'd need a jailbroken device ).
Old 11-26-2018, 05:49 PM   #297
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
@stuartjmz: Thanks, I'll have to double-check if I haven't broken something on Windows, then... :}.

(This doesn't change the fact that, yeah, you'd need a jailbroken device ).
Thanks! Hopefully my data can help others - I ain't jailbreakin' nuffink, nevah, nosiree
Old 11-27-2018, 08:40 AM   #298
marrco
Enthusiast

Quote:
unhashable type: 'list'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.create_preview ", line 66, in create
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 36, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 59, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 361, in load_kindle_books
TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
on a JB PW4 with lots of kfx and a few azw3.

Previously on a different pw4 with no kfx and all azw3 worked fine.

Edit: I'll try again later. I just realized my Kindle is still busy indexing lots of books, so maybe the error is due to a timeout o some other related issue.

Last edited by marrco; 11-27-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #299
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@marrco: Nope, this is the same error as @arooni, which I have failed to replicate and/or fix, apparently .

c.f., #287.

(I still need that full debug log to help figure out what might be going wrong, you can PM it to me if you want to avoid showing the contents of your Kindle library to the world).

EDIT: Random question is random: are you running macOS, too?
Old 11-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #300
marrco
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=NiLuJe;3779743]@marrco: Nope, this is the same error as @arooni, which I have failed to replicate and/or fix, apparently .

PM sent, hth

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle