Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 05:33 AM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Microsoft Courier twin tablet

Leaked pictures and some news:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/05/m...ctures-and-de/
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Thanks Patricia - this looks really neat and the built-in handwriting recognition sounds awesome. One to watch for me.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
DebT
Enthusiast
DebT began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I am very excited about this one....not for reading really as I prefer the eink...but to lighten my loaded daytimer. My husband is currently ill and on a transplant list. We see doctors every week and he has a drug list that is bigger than some cliff notes. I am looking forward to this for that purpose. Compile appointments drug list various doctors....all around a pound that is 9 less than the files and daytimer I carry now. Glee!
DebT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I'm not at all interested in the iPad but the Courier does peak my interest. I'd be willing to buy it and try to use it as a replacement for my Sony 505. But I suspect that MS will include everything rather than just a few well-done things.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
I'm not at all interested in the iPad but the Courier does peak my interest. I'd be willing to buy it and try to use it as a replacement for my Sony 505. But I suspect that MS will include everything rather than just a few well-done things.
what happen with Currier ..
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Oh wow! If it really lives up to the promised potential that's my dream device at the moment. I wonder if ebook type will be as readable as e-link though? If not I'd still rather see a dual screen device; one e-link and one color touch screen.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Hamlet53:

If you want dual-screen e-ink and LCD:

http://www.entourageedge.com/

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Very interesting. It's good to see Microsoft picking themselves up and making a fresh start in mobile devices: Zune HD, Windows Phone 7, and this. There's room for more than Apple and Android. Wonder if they will license the tablet OS for other device manufacturers? Seems like it might be better than Windows 7 for a tablet device (lower power consumption etc.). Will be interesting to see how developer community takes it on..

I'm not sold on the dual display thing, though it makes for a compact device for sure. Wonder if the screens can fold back-to-back?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
Hamlet53:

If you want dual-screen e-ink and LCD:

http://www.entourageedge.com/

William
To quote "The enTourage eDGe™ only weighs about three pounds"...
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I like the focus of this product as well. As someone else said -It's geared towards creation and not consumption.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #11
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I'm not sold on the dual display thing, though it makes for a compact device for sure.
Must admit, my first thought was how small it looks. Either that or the model has huge hands

No, I'm not at all sure about dual screens personally; I don't want to pretend it's a 'book' when I'm reading. But it's interesting certainly, and I look forward to there being some more details available about it.

Cheers, Pete.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I do like the look of that, but microsoft .... !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I do like the look of that, but microsoft .... !
what is it with Microsoft hostility? Starbucks, Amazon and so on... is it envy? I don't get it!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
not hostile, just wary ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #15
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I'm with KK. I get so tired of MS bashing; or, as she said, anything that's popular.

In this case, however, I think they ruined the concept by not putting a full o/s on it. That's my major gripe with the iPad, as well.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote