Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #28486
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The summer city lights will soften the night
Til you'd think that the air is clear
And I'm sitting with friends, where forty-five cents
Will buy another glass of beer
He's got something to say, but I'm so far away
That I don't know who I'm talking to
Cause you just walked in the door, and Honey, all I see is you

And I just want to hold you closer than I've ever held anyone before
You say you've been twice a wife and you're through with life
Ah, but Honey, what the hell's it for?
After twenty-three years you'd think I could find
A way to let you know somehow
That I want to see your smiling face forty-five years from now.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrGDoDloD1M )

Good morning, everyone! She's been gone a week, but it feels like a month. Must be love...
Taking consolation in a mug of unbranded Keemun tea, a natural remedy for anything that ails ya! 35°c at 7:00am... I think today is going to be a hot one. Fortunately I have to stay inside and await the plumber. Pipes leaking from upstairs in on of my bathrooms needs to get fixed. Also have to wait for delivery of my new office chair. The old one lost its pneumatics, and I keep sinking to the floor. It's going to be an air/con day!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #28487
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Good afternoon. Drinking diet coke while I try to avoid spoilers about today's Jeopardy tournament. It's the first of a two day final for $1,000,000 USD, and the three finalists are Ken Jennings (whose 74 days as a Jeopardy champion will probably never be beaten), Brad Rudder, who has won more total money than ANY Jeopardy contestant, and Roger Craig, who has won more money in a regular single day than any Jeopardy contest. It's on now, but we're recording it on TiVo to watch as the last thing before bed.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #28488
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Juice a rarity for me. I'm about five hours post opp (oral). I'm actually getting kind of hungry but that will probably be cottage cheese or soup or something. The bleeding is finally slowing down. About an hour ago I was semi seriously considering calling in.

So I'm now forty days out on the knee re replacement. I guess I'm looking forward to it in a way. While I know anything CAN get worse (I have SO many of those t-shirts), I'm hoping this is better!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #28489
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Good afternoon. Drinking diet coke while I try to avoid spoilers about today's Jeopardy tournament. It's the first of a two day final for $1,000,000 USD, and the three finalists are Ken Jennings (whose 74 days as a Jeopardy champion will probably never be beaten), Brad Rudder, who has won more total money than ANY Jeopardy contestant, and Roger Craig, who has won more money in a regular single day than any Jeopardy contest. It's on now, but we're recording it on TiVo to watch as the last thing before bed.
I'm jealous! Jeopardy got pre-empted tonight b/c of the tornado warnings - which is understandable - but we missed the first day of competition!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #28490
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
There's a reason for the sunshine sky
And there's a reason why I'm feelin' so high
Must be the season when that love light shines
All around us

So let that feelin' grab you deep inside
And send you reelin' where your love can't hide
And then go stealin' through the moonlit nights
With your lover

Just let your love flow like a mountain stream
And let your love grow with the smallest of dreams
And let your love show and you'll know what I mean
It's the season

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dft63gHqqKo )

Good morning all! I received a wonderfully enigmatic photo of my grandson from my daughter-in-law. The caption on the photo was 'Certificate Expired.' Took me a minute to figure out, but nice news for a Friday morning!
Spoiler:

So I'll drink to the occasion... a nice cup of my newest Ceylon tea. Maybe even two cups! It's not everyday one gets news delivered this way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'm jealous! Jeopardy got pre-empted tonight b/c of the tornado warnings - which is understandable - but we missed the first day of competition!
It's amazing how long Jeopardy has been running. When I was in the Military, I often pulled OD duty, and we used to watch Jeopardy on the TV in the Squadron office. We'd throw a dollar into the kitty, and which ever one of us answered the most questions would win the pot. That was back in the beginning of 1967... And they still haven't run out of questions!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #28491
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
What a clever announcement!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #28492
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Cute.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #28493
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Oh, that would not be good! If we knew it was happening, we'd just record Jeopardy on a different channel and/or time.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #28494
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Peet's Major Dickason's in one mug, Peet's English Breakfast in the other. a LOT to get done today.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #28495
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations grandpa Stitchawl. What a great message to deliver the new.

Sumatra coffee in my cup, as I get ready to do the morning watering of my berries.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #28496
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Celebrating Friday night with an ice cold Ardbeg slushie!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #28497
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Celebrating nothing particularly with Talisker
Old 05-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #28498
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Last mug of tea for the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #28499
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Peet's Anniversary Breakfast blend as I get ready to make sausage today. Mexican Chorizo and Hot Italian. What a great way to start the May Long Weekend.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #28500
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Mexican Chorizo and eggs was our weekend breakfast, as I was growing up. Yum.

Fresh Sumatra in my cup this morning and hoping it won't be too hot today so I can get some yard work done.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?