Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Replacement stylus for 600?

Okay, so I haven't lost it yet, but my past experience with Palms, combined with the way the sleeve keeps pulling it out of the PRS, has convinced me I'm going to lose my stylus.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy replacements or extras?
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
JustRay
JustRay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I feel exactly the same way. Have not lost mine, but can see it coming. I did find this online:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...ingid=41911015
JustRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
JustRay
JustRay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
And this site claims the prs-700 stylus (prsasp7), which I posted about above is indeed compatible with the 600. It looks like it is.
JustRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

They do look about right. $30 for two stylii, though, is pretty harsh.

Sigh. Thanks for the link.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRay View Post
And this site claims the prs-700 stylus (prsasp7), which I posted about above is indeed compatible with the 600. It looks like it is.
Well, I guess it's all about semantics.
Of course it's compatible, each pen can be used on Sony 600's touchscreen.
BUT: The pen of Sony 700 (just checked with my units) DOES NOT fit into Sony 600. Pen itself would be fine, but at the top, Sony 700's pen is broader.
Pic attached, sorry for the bad quality. Pen of 700 on the left, 600 right.

That's for the original 700 stylus from Sony. Don't know for replacements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07467.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	925.9 KB
ID:	37935  

Last edited by mgmueller; 10-23-2009 at 10:36 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 12:59 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Would a DS stylus fit in the sony stow slot? They are pretty easy to find.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:04 AM   #7
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Would a DS stylus fit in the sony stow slot? They are pretty easy to find.

BOb
No, just checked. Even the pen itself (not just the tip as for Sony 700's pen) is a bit too wide. I guess about 0.5mm.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:28 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Has anyone asked Sony support if a replacement stylus is available? That would seem the logical step to take.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #9
mwheinz
award-winning bozo

I checked the SonyStyle site, and their spare parts site. They're willing to charge almost $50 to replace the neoprene sleeve(!) but they don't offer stylii.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheinz View Post
I checked the SonyStyle site, and their spare parts site. They're willing to charge almost $50 to replace the neoprene sleeve(!) but they don't offer stylii.
Note, by the way, that if you really must form a Latin plural of "stylus", the plural is "styli", with one "i" .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
mwheinz
award-winning bozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Note, by the way, that if you really must form a Latin plural of "stylus", the plural is "styli", with one "i" .
Noted. my problem is that saying "styluses" makes me feel like that old cartoon character, Snaggletooth.

(Heavens to Murgatroyd! Exiting, stage left.)
Old 10-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheinz View Post
Okay, so I haven't lost it yet, but my past experience with Palms, combined with the way the sleeve keeps pulling it out of the PRS, has convinced me I'm going to lose my stylus.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy replacements or extras?
It would actually be better to get a proper case for your 600 and forget the sleeve. The sleeve gives no protection when it's not in use. And a proper case won't pull the stylus out.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote