Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I'll let you know tomorrow
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I don't see any difference between the WiFi Tequilla with no touch and the current WiFi Kindle with 30 something buttons, but I am willing to listen to an explanation.
well I have not seen the new reader so how could I answer that ? updated style, smaller form factor ? who knows..

don't underestimate the importance of being the first to break the 100 dollar price point. the lower the price the quicker ereaders take hold..
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #18
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Just an updated style and processor. They arent going to continue to make an outdated model.
Granted, but the operation would seem to be the same since there is no touch. The processor on my 3G is more than fine, and the style is O.K. too except for "them there" buttons to drop a little into my vernacular.

For heaven's sake man, we are talking Kindles here, not bits of Apple fluff. I mean machines with practical vibes.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #19
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
I want the tablet!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #20
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Granted, but the operation would seem to be the same since there is no touch. The processor on my 3G is more than fine, and the style is O.K. too except for "them there" buttons to drop a little into my vernacular.

For heaven's sake man, we are talking Kindles here, not bits of Apple fluff. I mean machines with practical vibes.

Quote:
I don't see any difference between the WiFi Tequilla with no touch and the current WiFi Kindle with 30 something buttons, but I am willing to listen to an explanation.
Maybe the case is thinner and smaller, maybe the buttons are rubber, who the heck knows. The fact is that it appears to be a slight update of the kindle with buttons.(ie: new processor)

Some people like new asthetics. Maybe thats all it takes.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
I have had a sneaking suspicion that an e-ink would be announced as well.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #22
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
I have had a sneaking suspicion that an e-ink would be announced as well.
Uh-oh, what are you saying Otter? That you are sneaky?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #23
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Honorable frahse, the bestselling Kindle has been the model sans 3G, iirc, and many people (such as myself) find even the WiFi function useless. I haven't turned it on since registration. Touchscreen is a design/navigation preference that is not universally shared, even outright disliked by many. Kudos to them if they release both, which means we can each have our cake. edit: typo
Old 09-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #24
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Maybe the case is thinner and smaller, maybe the buttons are rubber, who the heck knows. The fact is that it appears to be a slight update of the kindle with buttons.(ie: new processor)

Some people like new asthetics. Maybe thats all it takes.
I see, pink, red, and mauve colored models, and a bright apple (the other one!) green for the environmentalists.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #25
OtterBooks
Wizard

Quote:
Uh-oh, what are you saying Otter? That you are sneaky?
Only that the suspicion was.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
the bestselling Kindle has been the model sans 3G, iirc, and many people (such as myself) find even the WiFi function useless. I haven't turned it on since registration. Touchscreen is a design/navigation preference that is not universally shared, even outright disliked by many. Kudos to them if they release both, which means we can each have our cake.
Ditto.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #27
OtterBooks
Wizard

Also that datasheet shows the CPU to be a TI-OMAP3, not a Tegra. And it says (E-ink & LGD) next to the display. wuh. Edit: and 512 ram, contrary to the claim that the unit will share specs with the Playbook (1gig) It's anarchy all up in here.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #28
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I've been holding off ordering a new one hoping for a new eInk model from one of my best-est friends, Jeff.

I feel like a little girl right before Christmas.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #29
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
Honorable frahse, the bestselling Kindle has been the model sans 3G, iirc, and many people (such as myself) find even the WiFi function useless. I haven't turned it on since registration. Touchscreen is a design/navigation preference that is not universally shared, even outright disliked by many. Kudos to them if they release both, which means we can each have our cake. edit: typo
Indeed, my dear Otter.

==>> Cake GOOD!! <<==

I actually thought most people liked touch screen when they didn't have a mouse, a keyboard, and a very large monitor like I am at right now, but I have never seen any kind of survey. I assume you don't have WiFi available is the answer to your other point and then ...

Whoa! Are you hooked up to your computer through a cable? Is that how you roll?

That is amazing.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #30
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Whoa! Are you hooked up to your computer through a cable? Is that how you roll?
I am. But only when I want to put a new book on it. The rest of the time, I find myself focusing on this crazy new activity called reading.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote