Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #46
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Some upcoming SYNC titles ...

SYNC has started to announce their 2017 titles. Here are the ones so far, gleaned from the SYNC blog. Happily, there are at least a few classics this year. I've included links to the Audible descriptions of the titles as a public service.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #47
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
SYNC has started to announce their 2017 titles. Here are the ones so far, gleaned from the SYNC blog. Happily, there are at least a few classics this year. I've included links to the Audible descriptions of the titles as a public service.
Already a vast improvement on last year, when I didn't bother to download a single title.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #48
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
It's a fun ride. Come join us.
I get dizzy and nauseous very easily.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:40 PM   #49
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
<snip>
A-mazing! I can't believe that this is coming up again before long.

For you younger people, what the old folks told you growing up about time seeming to go by faster the older you get, it is true. Sorry to be a harbinger of the bad news.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:54 PM   #50
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Already a vast improvement on last year, when I didn't bother to download a single title.
It looks like a lot of fictional titles, which have been scientifically proven to turn teenagers' brains into mush. ha

One non-fiction (I'm pretty sure) title, at least, is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I kvetch about fiction books, but the truth is that the ratio of fiction vs non-fiction may be pretty close to what the average teenager reads. And, if I understand it correctly, this program is geared toward them. We adults are just (grateful) uninvited guests.
Advert
Old 01-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #51
rjcchan
Zealot
rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
SNIP

One non-fiction (I'm pretty sure) title, at least, is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

SNIP.
Been dining with dolphins have you?
rjcchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #52
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcchan View Post
Been dining with dolphins have you?
Better than sleepin' wid the fishes.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Daily Deals -- exp 06 Jan

The Dictator's Handbook: Why Bad Behavior Is Almost Always Good Politics

Flamecaster: A Shattered Realms Novel
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #54
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up and the list. I wasn't gonna look until next month. Checking their blog, they announced their first title back on 02 Nov 2016.

The start date is a week earlier than last year. They've been adding a week to the program every year since 2013. So based on that, this year should run 16 weeks for a total of 32 books.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:03 AM   #55
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 07 Jan
  • £1.99 -- Armada -- Ernest Cline --> sci-fi
Old 01-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #56
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
For you Dr. Who fans, Big Finish has a free short story. "Forever Fallen" by Joshua Wanisko was the winner of the Paul Spragg Memorial Opportunity last year (Paul was an employee at BF and a really nice guy; this contest gives anyone a chance to submit a short story and the winner gets produced). You can get it free here. I've no idea how long it will be free (likely not long) so if you are interested get it before it's gone.

Quote:
Until now, an offered chance from the Doctor has never stopped the villain's schemes.

Until now, the android armies, the powerful space stations, the mind-control rays, have gone unchecked to disastrous effect.

Until now...

...But then what happens?
Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #57
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 07 Jan
Old 01-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #58
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
For you Dr. Who fans, Big Finish has a free short story. "Forever Fallen" by Joshua Wanisko was the winner of the Paul Spragg Memorial Opportunity last year (Paul was an employee at BF and a really nice guy; this contest gives anyone a chance to submit a short story and the winner gets produced). You can get it free here. I've no idea how long it will be free (likely not long) so if you are interested get it before it's gone.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Dr. Who sure has a big cult following. I knew some people in college that were big fans; I noticed that they were people that I didn't have anything else in common with, either.

I guess that it's the British sense of humor. I just have trouble getting into it. That's not a put down--we are all different. I've found that my Deep South cornball sense of humor, at least, does not "translate" well with people overseas. Nor for Southern Californians, for that matter.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 08 Jan
Old 01-07-2017, 07:29 PM   #60
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

TuneIn Premium Service--$7.99/Month; 40,000 Audiobooks + More.

I was just telling myself this morning, GtrsRGr8, what we really need in the world is another audiobook subscription service, with a free trial offer.

I'm lying. I think that we have enough, if not too many, audiobook subscription services already. But this one that I heard about today may have some advantages over the others that are worth your consideration.

It's TuneIn Premium. I've known about TuneIn Free for years, but only as a website where you can hear gazillions of different radio stations. It does a fine job of that, and has been my go-to website for that, for years also. I often use it to listen to my favorite team--the Florida Gators, of course--play football and basketball, when I can't catch the game on TV.

This is a listening service, not an ownership program. Let me give you the things that you really want to know about the subscription service and trial offer. TuneIn supposedly has a library of 40,000 audiobooks, to which you will have unlimited access. The free Premium trial offer is just 7 days. But maybe that's long enough for you to decide whether or not it's for you. The price is only $7.99/month.

Here are some additional benefits to the service, that you might find to your liking (the first two are included with TuneIn Free, also):
- 100,000 Radio Stations
- 5.7 Million Podcasts
- NFL play-by-play
- MLB play-by-play
- Commercial-Free Music
- Language Learning

Of course, TuneIn is going to put an advertisement for their trial offer on every webpage of their's that they can. Their home page is probably just as good as any other to find out more and/or sign up. Scroll down the page about halfway.

Regardless of what you decide to do about the Premium service, be sure to at least sign up for the Free service. Who knows, you might want to listen to the radio station in Tomsk, Siberia sometime.