Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2023, 02:39 AM   #1216
tubular
tubular began at the beginning.

Device: K4
Thanks a lot for developing this application. I used it to downgrade my K4 from 4.1.4 to 4.1.1 firmware, because I was receiving the "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item" error.

For future reference: on recent systems, the live USB refused to boot. Even a 2015 laptop didn't work. However, it worked flawlessly on a 2010 ThinkPad (T410s).
tubular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 09:56 AM   #1217
ton4eff
ton4eff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Also had to downgrade to 3.4 (K3 WiFi) because of the same "...test Kindle..." message. It was popping after every switch on of the WiFi and screwing my CoolReader installation. Thanks to Kubrick everything works flawlessly now. The workaround would be to prevent the Kindle to connect to internet while the WiFi is on, but I didn't know how to do it...
And yes, I can confirm that USB also refused to boot Kubrick on my old Acer Aspire E1-531, but I did it using the CD image instead...
ton4eff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:00 PM   #1218
PaigheTurn
PaigheTurn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I booted the USB and Im stuck at "Kubrick starting up, please wait..."

Can someone give me advice? Im on an AMD Ryzen laptop in case that matters.
PaigheTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 02:33 PM   #1219
tenko
tenko began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
i recently screwed up, had a working kindle with duokan but stupidly decided to uninstall it just because windows didnt see my kindle (probably because as it turned out later it wont unless you use original cable...).

ever since kindle is stuck at loading screen (progress bar loads till full but then nothing happens again after that, jsut stuck like that forever).

so i wanted to install the firmware anew with kubrick. made the usb stick bootable drive according to the instruction. restarting windows to make it select bootable usb stick as boot - getting black screen with "checking for bootable device... no device detected" or similar same meaning text. just doesn't see this usb as a bootable drive.

you sure this works for win11? i guess it would expect a windows or OS bootable drive, and this usb stick is not an OS bootable drive, maybe that's why this error? are people using kubrick with win11? i mean, with success right? i wonder what went wrong in my case.

(i know how to make bootable usb sticks, reinstalled my system many times with usb stick bootables, but i never used that particular win32 program you suggested)
tenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 04:35 AM   #1220
XenGi
XenGi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I tried booting kubrick 3.6 on several notebooks now but with no luck. Does this even work anymore on modern hardware? Has any one tried it in recent days?
XenGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 01:28 PM   #1221
Frogm4n
Connoisseur
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Kubrick is based on SliTaz 3.0, from ca. 2010. It's not going to have hardware support for modern hardware. You might be able to run it in a VM, but that's going to have its own kettle of fish to deal with.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote