Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
lorenzoens
Edge User

Colour bleedings while drawing on the tablet side

Hi there,
the Edge is in my hands since two days and I found it a great device. I merely consider it an advanced e-book reader / editor, never thought of it as a serious tablet, and I think I'll be happy like that.

Nonetheless, there's something I dont like at all (other from the horrible plastics from which is made the body): when I draw on the tablet side (currently using Maple Paint) there are several spots where the stylus causes bleedings during drawing. See the photo:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/-RFik_FN63W73ytHHfoC8L7nYj6Vxk7S1raRgpourCo?feat=di rectlink

Is it a defective screen? Or a bug? It doesnt seem to be a software problem because the spots where bleedings happen are everytime the same.

Gosh...

[have a second question about drawing, this time on the e-ink side: is it me, or you have to push a bit with the stylus on the screen, to draw uninterrupted lines on the e-ink side?]

Last edited by lorenzoens; 04-08-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: tablet, trouble, screen

Old 04-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

People have reported that from time to time, and I'm not sure if it was an actual bug that enTourage supposedly fixed at some time.

Meanwhile, for any issue regarding the pen, a screen recalibration is always our first recommendation: "Menu" button, Settings, Display, "Tablet screen calibrator" or "Reader screen calibrator".

Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
lorenzoens
Edge User

I did the recalibration thrice with no result
Shoulf I open a ticket for support already? If they tell me "send back the item" I throw it out of the window

Last edited by lorenzoens; 04-08-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

A ticket for support would be a good idea. They may have a solution I don't know, and in any case, it's better to get it repaired for free (other than shipping from you to them - they pay the return shipping) while you can

Old 04-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
lorenzoens
Edge User

Thank you Boris, seems like I solved the trouble: I found I had the old pre-Dingo firmware, and that was the cause. This is very nice improvement. For 24 hours I used the Edge like you did for some months :-)

Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Ah! That's an easy explanation

Old 04-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
alex_edge
Edge User

I've been experiencing the same problem, and I'm definitely not running dingo.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
lorenzoens
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_edge View Post
I've been experiencing the same problem, and I'm definitely not running dingo.
Sorry dont understand: when my EE arrived home and showed those bleedings, it had the 1.0 software. I dont think you have that on your EE.
When I updated to 1.6, it stopped bleeding, unless I press with the side of my writing hand, near the pen tip. I guess it's a matter of sensitivity: too high on old 1.0

Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Sorry dont understand: when my EE arrived home and showed those bleedings, it had the 1.0 software. I dont think you have that on your EE.
When I updated to 1.6, it stopped bleeding, unless I press with the side of my writing hand, near the pen tip. I guess it's a matter of sensitivity: too high on old 1.0
I'm running Ermine (on my PE). So I was just saying that my drawing problems weren't Dingo-related.